• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Working for pirates, yet store and shipyard hate me

ayland

Landlubber
Hey! So I'm working for pirates and have a high rank - Scourge of the Archipelago, yet the store and shipyard in all pirate town hate me and ask for bribes to work with me and so i don't have access to the best ships their shipyards offer. Any idea why they do not recognize me as working for them?
Thanks!

What game are you referring to? Sounds like you mean PotC, so I'm moving your thread to the appropriate forum.

Which modpack version are you playing? Check your main menu to find out.

Check your F2>Nation Relations menu. What is your relation to the pirates there?
Also, do you have a Letter of Marque from any of the nations. And what is your personal reputation as per the F2>Character menu?

22 december 2014 version, Potc - I'm 1 rank away from rank scourge of the seven seas with the pirates, my archipelago reputation is scourge of the seven seas and my character is a hero. My relation are positive with the dutch an negative with all others except pirates wich is the highest ofc. no letter of mark from other nations.

That is already a bit of an outdated version; see the link in my signature for the latest.

That being said, I think that is a release from *after* we removed the reputation check (pirates don't like nice guys) so that now it just checks if you have no LoMs. :confused:

But can i keep my saves if i update? So it's because i'm a hero, even if i have now the highest rank for pirates.

You'll have to start a new game with the current release, I'm afraid.

So it's because i'm a hero, even if i have now the highest rank for pirates.
Possibly; though the date you mention doesn't make sense.
Anyway, we changed it to avoid that lapse of logic. ;)

Back