• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Working for the crown

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Ahoy there. I've been playing as a pirates long enought, now i wanna play as a British officer. I already have a Letter of Marque, English nationality and flag, but there is anyway to become a real officer? I mean, when i see the relations, is Letter of Marque and 3 of relation.

All you have to do is have good relations with the nation of your choice and then go do things to improve your relations with that nation.

Capturing and/or sinking ships that are at war with your nation works. Also going after Pirates works. Doing missions for the Governor works.

All you have to do is have good relations with the nation of your choice and then go do things to improve your relations with that nation.

Capturing and/or sinking ships that are at war with your nation works. Also going after Pirates works. Doing missions for the Governor works.
Yes, but i will be an officer or just a corsair with a letter of marque?

First you get the LoM, then you start working your way up the ranks from Midshipman to Admiral.

Once you gained some points with that nation, talk to the governor again to be promoted.
Yeah, i'm a british commander, now, can i be a better rank? Like Commodore? What's the requiriments? Please, dont tell me that i'm puting it highter for nothing D:
evr9.png

The requirement is just the relation points. Right now you have 102. As soon as your points get higher just talk to the governor and you'll know if you get promoted. The higher the points, the higher the rank. I made to 600+ rp when I got promoted to First Lord of the Admiralty serving England as I remember.

I say there should be a notice whenever you are to be promoted.

Last edited:
First Lord of the Admiralty is indeed the highest.

Did you notice that Light Green text in the Nations Relations interface?
That indicates you are awaiting a promotion for that nation.

Did you notice that Light Green text in the Nations Relations interface?
That indicates you are awaiting a promotion for that nation.

Does this also apply if you are already an officer for a certain country? For example that Commander from Felipe Miranda's post, does that turn green if you are to be promoted? I don't recall to be being that way.

Does this also apply if you are already an officer for a certain country? For example that Commander from Felipe Miranda's post, does that turn green if you are to be promoted? I don't recall to be being that way.
Yes, that's exactly what it should do. Saves you the trouble of trial-and-error to figure out if you can be promoted yet.

Back