• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

World building/terrian scuplting

RumRunner1720

HoO Team Member
Terrain Sculptor
Provisional
Hey people, I just joined the pirates ahoy community and I have been aware of Hearts of of Oak conquest of the seas for sometime. I think it's time to see if i can lend a hand in the world building area, I have some experience with the Cyr 3 engine and a few map editing softwares.
Although my Internet access is limited I would be glad to lend a hand where I can. This seems like a great project to work! and I enjoy History, epically during the age of sails period.

If you do need my help then you have it, but I saw the thread about changing game engines, so what game engine is going to be used? I am always ready to learn using different game engines :D
oh and quest writing I could also do, if needed

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, mate! :cheers

The game engine hasn't been decided on for certain yet, because we still need to test which one fulfils our requirements.
At the moment, we are testing both the CryEngine and Ogre3D.

Terrain modeling will be very welcome indeed. Any modeling done should be usable in whichever game engine though.
Plus it would give us more to test with. :yes

Also, Luke McReady is setting up a quest writing team to map out the game's story.

Welcome to the forum! :aar

Building the levels and worlds will be quite a task! I wish I was quite that talented to be able to take a bare screen and make a world out of it. I am able to throw a few rocks here and there but that is about it, haha. If you want to put together a couple of small 'pretty' islands to use in CE3, I would love to see them. I am currently building some small test levels as part of the programmer team and we could use a 'nice' level to test with instead of some of our attempts (which are pretty much rocks sticking out of the water).

Back