• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved World map crash

no... the error crash is with the mod pack.

I'm sure, there's again nothing

Oh, and the config.exe wasn't deleted. Should i run the install again? or must i deinstall all

Attachments

• error.log
    536 bytes · Views: 156
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 165
Something went wrong with the installation. Did you install to Program Files this time?
Looks like Windows Security Stupidity went wreaking havoc once more. :modding

As far as I was able to gather, when you had the worldmap crashes, the game technically was installed correctly.
Those worldmap crashes must be from some hardware/software issue on your end. Somehow. :facepalm

Crashes aren't sooo bad... but, i don't know WHEN they are comming. And there's the big problem. I mean, to start the game... maybe 10-20seconds?

However, i will find a Solution....sometime

Starting a new game takes quite a while for me too. :shrug

Random crashes do occur, that much we know. Save often. As long as they're random, you can get round them.
And consistent ones we can track and hopefully fix.

my older computer (which was already powerful) made POTC working during 9 years, but i got regulary random crashes and long load

with my new computer its REALLY faster (5 sec new standard storyline) and nearly never meet crashes, i can notice i nearly dont lag on corpse too (the game became a paradise now for me o_O ) i still cant believe it :shock

so the computer really have a big place in running that awesome game :onya

i think, my Computer/laptop is good enough. new games/ saves are loading really fast. Some time ago, i played with the same laptop the game. Without any problem ( the most time :p )

I have 8 GB Ram. Can i do something with that, maybe the game hasn't enough?

Other programs running in the background can make POTC crash. Auto updates, antivirus scans, anything can make POTC crash. Have you tried Enditall?

i really dont know exactly what can disturb that much the game, the only thing i still keep in mind is the graphic card or the processor, the game is easily angry even with "medium" or some "good" computer, thats what i learnt when i saw the difference between my old and new computer :boom:

it can of course be another detail but i dont see what :shrug

I will trie it, maybe hamachi.. firewall not ... mhm...

i don't think the problem is by my processor or graphic card. Like i said, a long time ago, i did play the mod ( i think... maximum 1 Year ago). Whatever, i won't give up. In any way, it has to work so!

YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :dance:bounce:cheers:dance
It works :D Ohhh i'm so happy :D

(maybe for others with the same problem :p )
I installed the game new, in C:/Games/Bethesda Softworks

After every install ( stock potc; Build Beta 2.1 Full; Beta 2.5 Light; Build Beta 14 Beta 3 WIP 12) i went into the ingame menu, and exit after that. (i don't know if this has something brought xD )

Anyway, i set the game to Nvidia Graphic card, but before i play, i make a right click and select " run cpu ( in german : Grafikprozessor ausführen). Then i select NVIDIA High performance processor ( german: HOchleistungsprozessor) and without Problems it works!

I don't know, if this helped me or it was something other. But whatever, i'm soo happy that i can play the game without crash ;D

But... there's another, little bug :p How can is say.. um.....i think, i say it so:
example.jpg

I don't know why XDD
Anyway are in the most places people who looks like... " me ".
In Jamaica, by the place with the church, is everbody like " me " :D

That's.... not normal. Any .log files in your main game folder?
What does PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c look like for you?

Hmm, that initModels.c is not my Beta 3 WIP 12 copy, but it IS the Beta 3 WIP 11 copy, which shouldn't make a difference either way.

This is weird from error.log:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1584
no memory
That seems to be save-related though.

Did you have that problem with Beta 2.1 or Beta 2.5 too? If you're not sure, I'd recommend to reinstall only Beta 2.1 for starters and double-check that works normally before going to the next step.

Back