• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved World map crash

Nope, i mean, at the time when i had crashes ( there was the same build ) this bug wasn't there.

However, it is not sooo important, but it would nice to play without this bug. I mean, that i can play withOUT crashes, is good enough for the moment :)

I've got no idea why that happens though. I suspect some sort of installation problem.

Install a copy instead. Then you don't have to lose your current working version.

You could even just make a copy of your current game version, remove the PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders to be sure, then install Beta 2.1 on top and see what happens.

looks good. But there's another question.

When i start to play a storyline, i can choose " Character is... ", but what exactly bring it for me?

Merchant -> good in Trading
Corsair -> Good in Fighting?

And, how can i get a high rank in a nation?

ehem.... I think i know the problem. I installed b14_beta3_wip11 xD
Well, that's not a problem on its own. As long as you install the other stuff first. :wp

When i start to play a storyline, i can choose " Character is... ", but what exactly bring it for me?

Merchant -> good in Trading
Corsair -> Good in Fighting?
Defines which skills you get a "tick" mark for. These are the ones you increase quicker during the game than the others.
Merchant gets Commerce and Sailing
Military gets Accuracy and Defence
Adventurer gets Fencing and Luck
Social Climber gets Leadership and Repair
Corsair gets Cannons and Grappling

And, how can i get a high rank in a nation?
Buy a Letter of Marque from a governor, attack enemies of their nation, then go talk to the governor again after a while to be promoted.

Ahhhh, good to know.
Doesn't look so, that there were again some people who looks like " me ".
It seems to me as if I would get a lot more experience points than before....mh...like Malcolm Hatcher -> At the beginn, where he teach me to fight, i get after 2-5 hits in fencing lvl 6-8 o_O

Your early actions define who you are later in the game; that is on purpose.

Okay, thanks.

By the way, in the Storyline " woodes rogers " in the Church where are the prisoners, the Music there... is it from Stronghold 1 ? ( a fantastic game, it fits very good to that place

Back