• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Worldmap Encounter Enhancement (V 1.32) Updated

Another quick update for this mod :).
The fleet sizes are now calculated by the town size and troop size etc.
So the things you see in the rumors will actually affect the amount of ships you see round an island.
Islands which have a pirate settlement will have less militia so you will encounter pirates there quicker.
It might need some balancing but I'm curious to hear your opinions

Place this in the folder POTC\PROGRAM\WorldMap if you have the WIP version installed already or if you have this mod installed already.

Included in WIP version

Last edited:
So I would like to know some opinions about it. People have used it a while now I hope. Any remarks?

Just did a bit of sailing around the worldmap with this one, but found a bit of a weird effect:
Being Dutch myself and sailing around the Dutch islands, there were quite a few Dutch fleets around.
But sometimes I would be "forced" into encounters that I couldn't escape from with the Dutch!
Of course once I am reloaded to sea, I can go back to the worldmap straight away. But it is still odd. o_O

I noticed that too. It's part of something else but I need to take a look into it indeed.
what I think happens is that there is a random chance being forced to have the encounter but there should be a check to see if you are friendly or not.

For some reason, I still get forced into Worldmap Encounters with friendly ships.
First I had a French ship chasing me, who are friendly with me.
Now I got forced into an encounter with a Dutch fleet that I could not even skip.
But after reloading to 3D sailing mode, indeed that fleet was also perfectly friendly. :facepalm

Seems there is even more randomization in the encounter generation so I have to move the check I think.
Let's see

@Pieter Boelen please try this file in POTC\PROGRAM\Encounters

Attachments

• Encounters_map.c
    12.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
for me it worked. can you confirm it?

Nope, not fixed. I only sailed around for about a minute on the worldmap near Bonaire at the start of the Assassins storyline.
I got stopped twice by Dutch fleets despite being Dutch myself. The second time, I was not allowed to escape.

I'm not sure if these are the "follow ships" or just regular ones that trigger the encounter screen when you get close.

the follow ships reallz chase you, the others are merchants. they can be anything, but they shouldn't prompt the Screen.
Where you flying an other flag perhaps? what did the Relations Screen say about your relation.

I did the following:
1. Start the Assassin storyline (New Game)
2. Go onto Worldmap
3. Sail around for 1 minute
4. Get stopped twice by Dutch fleets

Hmmm maybe its because of this
Code:
//This shouldn't happen but just to be sure
if(iNumNationsCanBe < 1)
{
iNationsCanBe[0] = iNearIslandNation;
iNumNationsCanBe = 1;
}
Its now possible that its smaller then 1 because there is a possebility None of the enemys to the Island is an enemy to you. But you said you where dutch and you where stopped by dutch fleets. I Need to look into this. I'm still at work atm. Could you maybe check for me if the script (in your case) goes into that if? else I will try it tonight.
or just comment that Piece out and see how it works.

Unfortunately I have completely run out of time for much of anything. So I can't be much help, I'm afraid. :(

This has happened to me on 2 occasions with two different nationalities.
1. I was flying the English flag and 2 Portagee ships came straight at me , closed, and then just followed me in to the island. The English and Portagee were friendly.

2. A French fleet did the same thing while I was flying my personal flag and I have a French rank.

Pieter: I am sure you are excited to be going to sea again. I hope it goes well for you.

Pieter: I am sure you are excited to be going to sea again. I hope it goes well for you.
I've still got about 1.5 week before that. I think. It is another short holiday for me.
But things are getting a bit "much" here. :shock

No Problem Pieter, I will take a look at it myself.
Hylie did you use the file provided in this Topic when that happened?

Ok, please try it again with that one, the previous one had a mistake so it actually did nothing :p.

In Levis' absence, I'll reply for him: Yes, that is what he meant. :yes
Save to PROGRAM\Encounters .

Back