• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Worldmap Encounter Enhancement (V 1.32) Updated

I do want to include this in build 14.
Making it again wont take that long but I want to tie it into the economic system more. Still thinking if that is to much work ....
But at least better world map encounters will be included in b14

A large reworking of the economic system sounds like something we might want to leave until Build 15.

But getting the updated worldmap encounters to work properly would certainly be welcome.
As far as I'm concerned, the version you had before was quite OK. The ONLY problem I remember was the lack of pirates.
If that could be sorted, I'd say we're good to go.

@Levis: You worked on the worldmap code before. Do you remember seeing anything about nation/relation dependency for ships chasing the player?
I don't think I should have broken that, since I moved the current game code closer to the stock game than it used to be, but I'd still like to know if there is anything related to check in the code.

As far as i know there are some of those checks for enc generation, but it all uses normal functions

As far as i know there are some of those checks for enc generation, but it all uses normal functions
If you happen to know which functions, I'd be much obliged. If anything, I'd expect them to look at the player .nation attribute, which is the player current flag and should be fine.

Today I was doing a final check into Fixed - WorldMap Related Error.log Entry | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy! and found that some further work on it would be welcome.
But that goes together with this temporarily abandoned Build 14 Beta 3.2 feature, so I'd suggest tackling both at the same time.

It IS quite a crying shame that this one had to be excluded from recent modpack versions as it almost worked right.
I recall it worked quite fine in general, apart from "pirate ships" being missing from worldmap encounters.
So I'll be looking forward to the time this can be restored to its former glory. I still have the relevant Beta 3.2 code for reference. :cheeky

And a question players:
Have you ever noticed a correlation between the nationality of the ships you encounter on the worldmap and the nation of the island you're near to?
As far as I understand from the code, that should already be the case, but I never ever noticed it except when @Levis did his reworking of the system.

It should be the case yes but its implemented wrong in the current Version.
@Pieter Boelen if you upload the files again I think I should be able to restore this next week :).

So I do want to bring this back. But what do you guys think, should I wait till after beta4 is released?
It should be pretty functional but might require some tweaking, so I'm tempted to wait till after beta4 to reimplement this....

Since at the moment the worldmap isn't broken, I'd definitely suggest to do everything else first.
I wouldn't mind seeing the coding logic corrected so that the island nations are used like they're apparently meant to be.

But as much as I may want that, there are enough other things to be done.
And we don't want to break more while trying to fix stuff than we need to. :facepalm

Back