• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Would anyone mind

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
If I remove the jean latiffe storyline and use him as a sidequest character instead.
He seems to be famous because he lead a group of smugglers etc.
Now with all new smuggling improvements I'm thinking about adding a sidequest about smuggling for the next release (so not the one which will be done this weekend) and I tought jean might be a nice character to be a part of this sidequest.
I know he only lived in a certain time frame so it wouldn't be 100% accurate but I think we can overlook that now can't we?
Making his story would be kind of hard cause most of it is based round new orleans and we dont have a new orleans in the game as far as I know :p.
Also the storyline he has now is nothing and there are better free to play storylines avaible.

If I hadn't already a lot of work for my storylines, I would have chosen to work on the Buccaneer storyline.
About New Orleans, it would have been possible to import a VCO town and use it as quest-location (I've already made that with a POTC location for Vera Cruz).
The period and location (New Orleans and Louisiana) are interesting. It's a shame nobody wanted to work on it.

@Jack Rackham created a Charleston for the Gold-Bug storyline. If we want a New Orleans, it could theoretically be done.

If we can sort out the Select Storyline allowing you to change the starting year, then we can get rid of most of the Free Play storylines.
That is one of my aims for Beta 3.5 some time later.

You can use Jean Lafitte regardless. Bartolomeu o Portugues was always a sidequest character AND a main quest character.
I have no objections. :shrug

I remember many years ago, we could choose the year, the character, the ship and the location. Right?:rolleyes:
Yes, with that, no need to have so many free play storylines...

I mean i can do the quest etc. But im still struggling with getting models to potc. So if the models would be there for such a location I should be able to do the rest, but first I wanna work on other stuff to.

Back