• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Wrong names for boarding crews

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
wrong_name.jpg

In this picture, I've just finished clearing a gun deck and am going round looting the bodies. Joseph Pattern is an English name which appears on a dead Portuguese soldier.

This is not an isolated incident, it's just the first one where I remembered to get a screenshot before continuing with the action. Names of dead boarders routinely do not match their nationality.

I think you mentioned this one before. Thanks for listing it on the Bug Tracker now, because I keep forgetting about it. :facepalm

Now I wonder.... did the boarders' name match their nationality before they were killed?

I've no idea. When someone is swinging a sword in your face, it's not a good time to ask his name. :duel: So you'd probably need to find the code which generates boarders, also the code which generates their possessions, and see if there's a name change when the boarder turns from a live enemy into a dead loot box.

I've no idea. When someone is swinging a sword in your face, it's not a good time to ask his name. :duel:
:rofl

I don't know of any way to find out ingame anyway. Will require some debugging for sure.

So you'd probably need to find the code which generates boarders, also the code which generates their possessions, and see if there's a name change when the boarder turns from a live enemy into a dead loot box.
I'll do that. :doff

This is also fixed. Turns out the random names were set to match with the LOCATION.
And the location didn't have a nation, so it defaulted to PIRATE and you'd get names from all nations for all characters.

I now added some code so the player boarding crew gets names matching with the Served Nation.
And of course the enemies get nations matching with their captain's nation.

As a bonus, I restored "soldier weapons" in boardings, but ONLY for navy ships.

Back