• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved WTF is Gibbs?

Bathtub-pirate

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hey Ho!

I currently run a freeplay as Johan Elting. I am looking for Gibbs, but he does not show up in the Tortuga Tavern. Why? Is he excluded from the Dutchman's storyline or what? Point is I definetely want that compass. I have a crapload of money to throw around and buying one or two of Vanderdecken's badass ships was the plan all along. But this prick Gibbs isn't showing up. :mad:

Are there some conditions regarding my reputation that I need to meet in order for Gibbs to magically appear? So far I am a famous pirate, part of the brotherhood (was possible since I became a well-known pirate) ... but I am also a "Bloody Horror". So may that be the reason why Gibbs is pussyfooting his way around me?^^

If you guys have no idea, what the problem might be or if Gibbs is simply not available in Elting's campaign than I would appreciate any "cheat"/console prompt or whatever to get the damn compass in my possesion.

THX!

Methinks Joshamee Gibbs has no been born yet so is not there. No idea how to put him there.

Damn. That's kind off an obstacle. Any other way towards the precious aztec compass or a way to Isla de Muerte? Would suck if I can't get there since that was my aim all along. Do I have to wait now until the guy is born/becomes 45 (or whatever his age his)?

Lol - I feel pretty damn stupid right now. :shrug

Edit: I noticed that the game with the Frenchman starts even a year earlier than Elting's Campaign. When I played as the Frenchman once, Gibbs was definetely there. So it does not seem to be the birth date.

Mr. Gibbs isn't there in several storylines, because the people who made those stories don't want him there.

Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "aztec_compass");
Load your savegame, then press F12 to get the item.

He isn't there in:
- Bartolomeu storyline, because Isla de Muerte is used for the story there
- Jack Sparrow: obvious, story brings you there
- Woodes Rogers because it isn't meant for free play
- Assassin is the only one (other than Woodes Rogers), where you really can't get there in any way

I am restoring the regular Isla de Muerte code for the Assassin storyline until the story allows you to go there in some way.

Back