• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

XBox controller on PC

Riddling Lynx

Landlubber
I've got an XBox controller I'd like to use for PotC in Windows. How do I enable its use in the game? I see a line in engine.ini labeled "controls," but I don't know what are other valid arguments besides the usual "pcs_controls" already there.

I'm using the build mod, though I'm not sure if that's relevant.

I haven't got a slightest clue how you'd do that. In fact we added so many new key controls
that I can hardly believe you'd find enough keys on your XBOX controller to use.

OK, well thanks anyway. It's a pity though. I was thinking the controller would be good for simplifying the most common commands, supplemented by the keyboard for those less used.

OK, well thanks anyway. It's a pity though. I was thinking the controller would be good for simplifying the most common commands, supplemented by the keyboard for those less used.

It can be done with a really good third party tool.

I use pinnicle game profiler. YOu can do some very advanced stuff(like when joystick pushed part way walk, when pushed all the way use the run key)

It's very kewl, just have to do a lot of work to get it to work just right.

Thanks a lot! I'll take it out for a spin. :keith

It can be done with a really good third party tool.

I use pinnicle game profiler. YOu can do some very advanced stuff(like when joystick pushed part way walk, when pushed all the way use the run key)

It's very kewl, just have to do a lot of work to get it to work just right.

Back