• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Xebec "Arcadia" & Sakoleva "Alecto" by Elessaria

SeaNorris.

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

Elessaria the creator of the "Arcadia" Xebec and Sakoleva "Alecto" has granted permission for us to use these vessels. :dance

The Arcadia is a large heavily armed Xebec based on a cross between the plans in Chapman's Architectura Navalis Mercatoria and the plans for the French Xebec Le Requin 1760.

Here is the forum thread on the Alecto an 11 gun vessel: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69762

I have uploaded them to the FTP in the folder Elessaria.

Regards,

Even more boats? We really are being spoiled! Nice little thing again. :woot

It's always nice to see some high-detail ships of this size. :keith

You're right though, we're literally being spoiled for choice, now! I only wish we had more people who could help to port them into either game. :urgh

Haha! The great SeaNorris scores again! :cheers

Well done!

Congrats on another fine score.

Hey any chance you could score any of the following ships on your next adventure there SeaNorris?

Prince 1st rate
Valiant 3rd rate
Wenden 3rd rate
Hercules Frigate
Capricieux Frigate
Stralsund Frigate
Mediator cutter
Van Hoorn Snow
Dolphyn Ketch

But enough of my ambitious tangent here back on topic.

I've actually seen the Arcadia xebec in action (never sailed one myself) on my burning sea misadventures. They're pretty good ships and quite nice looking they would mike an ideal replacement for most of the stock xebecs in the game.

Once again great job SeaNorris the ship builders are sure going to be busy porting all your fine exploits. :cheeky

Keep up the good work.

The Valiant, Mediator, and Dolphyn are models made by Akella, and not user content. You'd have to get permission from Akella, FLS, and probably Sony for those.

We can't go putting every single PotBS ship into our games anyway. For one thing, we can't do much without the source model files,
which the original modelers would need to give to us (which many have been doing :doff ).
So any ship models that were already in there, we wouldn't be able to do much with, unless PotBS stores its ship models in an extractable format.

It seems rour games are quickly becoming the games with the most different ship models ever assembled into one game (not counting the additional content available for Virtual Sailor).

The Valiant, Mediator, and Dolphyn are models made by Akella, and not user content. You'd have to get permission from Akella, FLS, and probably Sony for those.

Wow I didn't know Akella was actually involved with PotBS.

It certainly would explain how PotBS, has a similar ship combat feel to that of PotC, and CoAS.

Indeed we WON'T get em all there Pieter (and we don't need to), but the number of permissions SeaNorris HAS gotten is just amazing.

SeaNorris is a real trooper. :doff

You're absolutely right there Pieter we're well on our way to sporting the finest collection of tall ships ever assembled in a game.

I like it.

Keep up the good work all.

Hi,

I am still trying to contact other ship modelers but I don't send too many messages out too quickly as it may annoy them. :cheeky

I have sent emails to the following:

victariand (Prince 1st rate)
Marion Van Ghent ("Renard" Chasse-Maree, "Sultan" Fluyt, "Hermes" Packet-Boat, "Oliphant" 44-gun, "Breton" Chasse-Maree, "Zuiderzee" Yacht & "El Dragon" Bark).
Frank "Spankybus" Mignone ("Dromedary" Indiaman, "Mignone" Indiaman, "Poleacre" Xebec).

Private messages on PotBS to the following:
Xaphod ( "Atlas" Bark, "Agamemnon" Bark "Peregrine" Galley, "Carolina" Yacht & "Leviathan" Bark)
Eilelwen (Wenden 3rd rate & Stralsund)
Michael Dwyer ("Capricieux" Frigate, "van Hoorn" Snow, "Hiorten" Galeas", "Otter" Skuda, "Athena Frigate & "Minerva" Frigate)
Hans ("La Belle" Light Corvette & "Cruizer" Snow)

LiMuBeI modeled the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde, he also modeled the Couronne (Unfortunately original files lost) and the Hercules (this was also worked on with other members so permission was needed from the others to use it).

I also asked JW Santhem about his work and he agreed but as he aims to sell his models on Turbosquid, I thought it would be best not to use them for obvious reasons. :)

Most of these have been inactive for a while but I will continue to try to contact these artists and hopefully get a reply eventually.

Regards,

Getting these guys one at a time is probably best anyway as it gives modelers a chance to convert the ones we already have.

Armada has only just begun the conversion of Remus77's Christianus Sixtus/Trinity and the other Remus77 boats still need conversion.

So no rush there SeaNorris.

Back