• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

XP or Vista OR Windows 7?

will0170

parttime farmer fulltime pirate
Public Relations
It has become aparent that I'll have to upgrade my computer .I like Win98SE but now I can't even use yahoo messenger. So what I want to know is ,does Vista work or is it still buggy .I know they fixed XP ,but it will soon be out dated too. So I'm thinking of skipping up to Vista ,if it works.

i'm on vista now,it's ok,but i used xp for like 5 years so i'm still getting use to vista.no major problems yet.

and alot of places here atleast are giving ya a free upgrade to windows 7 when it releases.long as ya get windows vista home premium or ultimante.

I use Vista Ultimate and have had no real problems. I am also using the Windows 7 Beta which I like alot.

I agree will, your better off getting Windows 7 in a couple of weeks. It has basically the same hardware requirements as Vista, and it fixes a LOT of Vista's problems, including the annoying security "features". It does still have a few annoying things as far as the security crap goes, but it is a much more stable and faster version than Vista. If it wasn't for playing games, I would already be using Linux full time.

pirat_tux.png

Been using Vista for like almost 3 years (since before it was released) without any major problems.

In both a business domain networking and home workgroup network environment.

I never knew what the big negative whoop was all about.

Some people just hate Microsoft I guess.

Been using Vista for like almost 3 years (since before it was released) without any major problems.

In both a business domain networking and home workgroup network environment.

I never knew what the big negative whoop was all about.

Some people just hate Microsoft I guess.

Thats true!

Very funny there Laz. :rofl

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about

Search this very forum

for posts where Lazarus demonizes Vista.

and they ain't all that old.

Very funny there Laz.
24.gif

Search this very forum

Link please?

Just did the search, found one post warning noobs not to install SP3 or Vista as an upgrade. However you complemented me for coming back fom the darkside, which apparently I never did.
dunno.gif

Very funny there Laz.
24.gif

Search this very forum

Link please?

Just did the search, found one post warning noobs not to install SP3 or Vista as an upgrade. However you complemented me for coming back fom the darkside, which apparently I never did.
dunno.gif

How to change this my "landlubber"

As you putted Mighty UnDead Pirate???

Vista works fine for me. Security is annoying but you can turn it off and use your own Security software.

How to change this my "landlubber"

D4V1DXxX go into your member profile, click on Edit my profile, the line your looking for is under Profile information.

Back