• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

XP or Vista OR Windows 7?

If I remember right, I could change mine after being on here for less than a month. xD: Apparently, there never was a time on here when I wasn't a spammer. :cheeky

since the topic of windows 7 has been mentioned,any news on how it is? i know someone said it was good,but any other opinions?

You used to need 250 posts for a new line under profile "member title" to appear. Not sure if it still is 250 posts in this IPB version.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part, thanks Lazarus!

[quote name='bob_niatpac' date='20 September 2009 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1253503764' post='346187
Big thumbs up here. Especially with XP Mode.
[/quote]

cool,cause i'm one of the people that get the free upgrade when windows 7 drops.so wanted to get
opinions 1st :dance

How do we know if we classify for the free upgrade to Windows 7 when it's officially out of beta? I'm somewhat puzzled by all this "Windows 7" stuff +_+

well if you buy a computer during a certain time and it has vista home premium or ultimate ya
get a free upgrade to windows 7 premium or ultimate.it's on windows website,they list all the
kinds of comps that qualify and other details.

Oohh ok, well I bought mine about 2 months ago from Dell... might jump on the Windows site and see if I qualify ^_^

yeah i got a Toshiba satellite like 2 or 3 weeks ago,so i think yours may qualify.if i remember right.i woulda rather waited and got one with windows 7 already on it,but cha know. :shrug

I saw a computer at walmart called an E-Machine for only 250 dollars .That's awfully cheap .It had much better stats than my curent computer .Wondering if it would be worth buying or if it's going to just fall apart when I push the start button . It came with a guarantee ,but that don't always meen anything. It came with either XP or Vista home.

yeah I've seen those emachines too they look good,but like you i wonder how long they'll
last outside the box.though if they were 250 with a monitor keyboard and mouse i may not worry as much :razz

Well I went and bought one of the e-machines .I bought the one with vista home on it .It seems to work pretty good .It didn't come with much software ,but I kinda prefer that .I can put what I want on it . I do seem to have trouble downloading stuff from the internet though , and I'm talking legal downloads . I tried to download a couple of the game demos which had links already on the computer and they would get part way downloaded and I would get a message (could not finish download ,the server was reset) or something to that effect .Hopefully I can figure that out .Anyone got any ideas as to what would cause that?

Dont those machines have like hardly any hard drive space? :?

I think a mate has one but bought a 1 TB hard drive to make up lack of space (overkill xD:)

The one I bought has 160gb harddrive .That's plenty for me . My old one only had a 40gb hardrive .

(overkill xD:)

One of the guys at work has one of those Slo-Bro box thingies (or whatever it's called) that can hold a bunch of HDs in it - he's got four 1TB Seagates in it, and 2 1TB Seagates in his computer. The frightening, yet true fact is that he's filled all of them up. :shock With what, he won't say. xD:

Well I went and bought one of the e-machines .I bought the one with vista home on it .It seems to work pretty good .It didn't come with much software ,but I kinda prefer that .I can put what I want on it . I do seem to have trouble downloading stuff from the internet though , and I'm talking legal downloads . I tried to download a couple of the game demos which had links already on the computer and they would get part way downloaded and I would get a message (could not finish download ,the server was reset) or something to that effect .Hopefully I can figure that out .Anyone got any ideas as to what would cause that?

None of that silly trial stuff, eh? This computer was filled with that, but then again, HP is apparently known for that.

What games are they? They could be some of that Real Arcade stuff - their games are usually pretty good, provided they ever get done downloading. xD:

A word starting in P and ending in ography xD:

and also Games, Movies, TV series' (probably) :urgh

A word starting in P and ending in ography xD:

and also Games, Movies, TV series' (probably) :urgh

That's what I was thinking. :cheeky I'll have to see if I can wander around on there next time he lets me use it (his machine is a bloody monster, with an overclocked quad-core AMD at 4.3Ghz and 16GB of RAM). :shock It runs anything and everything like butter.

I could see that much space and more being eaten up by TV series - one episode alone can clock in at 400MB. How do I know that? Well... I'm not at liberty to say. :blah:

Back