• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help You want to help but can't code?

After that I need someone to go over the dialogs and quest book entries and check it for spelling etc.
English isn't my strongest point.
While I did do some corrections on it before, I've got to admit that I didn't do that now. :oops:

I know this is old but how long do the books need to be? because I was working on one a few years back (when I was 17) about an officer in the royal navy during the 1700s I gave up on it due to me starting college and a lack of historical knowledge of the period I see if I i can find it as i printed the first page

The book texts are there mainly for fun.
There is no point in them being very long though.

The book texts are in TXT format in the RESOURCE\INI folder.
You can see in the game how they display. Decide for yourself what you think works. :doff

we need help with some testing of some bugs. It's not hard to do so if you have some time please look at these:

(DOWNLOAD the file and check if you can go to your own ship if you have companion ships):
Needs Testing - Player Ship not Displayed in Fast Travel Menu | PiratesAhoy!

(DOWNLOAD the file and check if anything weird happens with captains on enemy ships if you try to board them or if they surrender also try to hire them):
Needs Testing - Character Skill Importances Missing | PiratesAhoy!

(TRY to move officers to companion ships and back and see if they get removed from the ship properly etc, if anything weird happens post it here):
Included in Build - Companion Officer Duplication | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

(TRY to go trough the apothecary quest (mystrious plants) and if anything weird happens post it here):
High Priority - Apothecary Quest Bugs ( contains Spoilers ) | Page 5 | PiratesAhoy!

(TRY to fight captains on ships, if they have muskets see if they actually fire it and report your findings here):
Included in Build - Ships' captains don't use muskets | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

Ok, here it is. Complete internalsettings.h. I hope that its ok...
@Tingyun maybe you could do this for me?
Included with his post there is a zipfile where he checked where all defines where used. I believe we never where able to use this info. Maybe you could at least remove all defines from the internal settings which aren't used anywhere else.

Levis, sure! So you want me to actually delete the lines that aren't used anywhere? Just delete them entirely from the internal settings file, and then post a version with them gone?

If so I'll take a look at his file, and see if how to understand it is obvious to me, and then proceed if so, or ask questions if not. :)

I will be away for awhile starting on Monday, and I've got a backlog of real world things to do before then, so I'll try to complete this beforehand as well, but can't be 100% sure. But I will certainly try. :)

Levis, sure! So you want me to actually delete the lines that aren't used anywhere? Just delete them entirely from the internal settings file, and then post a version with them gone?

If so I'll take a look at his file, and see if how to understand it is obvious to me, and then proceed if so, or ask questions if not. :)

I will be away for awhile starting on Monday, and I've got a backlog of real world things to do before then, so I'll try to complete this beforehand as well, but can't be 100% sure. But I will certainly try. :)
Yup, just delete them and test if something breaks

I'm looking for a graphical artists who can help me make some images for perks!

@Levis, I'm no artist but I think I can come up with something. If you say what kind of pictures you want I'll try when I get some
time.
For now I'm looking for a perk image (all types, so the 64, 126 etc) for a perk which allows you to build buildings.

I need people who help me test these changes:
WIP - Officer perk contributions

Especially keep an eye out for performance issues. And keep an eye out during boarding for captains who are behaving strangly. Also try different options with captains (so hire them, and capture them etc) and see if anything strange is happening.

Here's a suggestion:

perk.jpg

Back