• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help You want to help but can't code?

well im back i know i didn't have anything change but i know i had made a mistake but i'm upset now so i might have a break with the community for now anyway sorry to make you guys upset bye guys for now.

Slightly awkward time too chime in here but i would be willing to have a crack at parts of the wiki i dont believe i have current knoldige on how to fix it but i learnt how too build computers and drive so i can probably work it out or at least take my cap off tap my sweaty noggin with a mallet and give it the good ole boatswain "well thats in 47 parts and some dust ive no clue how i am going to fix that" try at the moment to me alot of the new horizons items wiki is just links to a for sale domain name website and some notes specific to the mod workers

Links to weird sites on our Wiki? Wha? Where? o_O

http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizon-items/

if you click on dagger it takes you here http://ww35.piratewiki.net/index.php?title=Dagger domain.jpg

and if if you keep trying other ones or even the same one over and over again / keep opening tabs from the same linkyou will allso get this domain 3.jpg

you can see the dagger url is the same in both images except for a strange change in the numbers at the start .

edit: the numbers after ww is a sub domain so ww35 and ww1 are sub domains of the same website / server there

Last edited:
Why are those links at all? Should they not be just names?

see thats what i thought even if they did once lead somewhere why would you move the wiki off of pirates ahoy , i think the wiki there allready could work fine just add the stats / descriptions of the weapons into the notes section and that would be adequate in my view

I noticed that too. That was when i started playing this game. The wiki should be fixed somehow. Maybe even my ships stats' could be useful there... For a contribution to the community.

@Pieter Boelen , should be putted my ships' stats files on the wiki? I think that information will be very useful to new members and players. If you are interested in putting it there, you are free to do it :) Just only to say that maybe the files could change because of new information, so it's better to wait until i have finished my recopilation of data.

I think you can post it yourself; I've never done it.
Since stats tend to be changed every once in a while, I don't know how long it can be kept up-to-date, though.

I want to help and I can code. How can I help you? I want to be a developer how can I learn developing POTC buld mod?

:ahoymate!

There is a ton of coding work to be done. What are you most familiar with?

Have you been playing POTC long? If you have been playing Beta 3.2 you will have noticed the economy. Beta 3.3 WIP is a partial cure, but more is needed.

You would be very welcome to help indeed! Be sure to get the latest modpack release from here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/simplified-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064

Is there anything in particular you would like to work on?

If not, I know something pretty important:
@Levis made various mods for Build 14 Beta 3.2, which were very cool, but had some unintended side-effects.
It would be great if somebody could go through that code and fix/finish it so that we can include it properly in a future Build Mod update! :woot

I have an idea. I want to code about trade. For example
- player wants to see which trade route is best.
- Or more simply if player buys product X from island A and sell the product to island B how much player get profit?
- How much time does it take to go from island X to island Y? ( Or any point on the map)

We do have an updated dynamic Economy that was introduced in Build 14 Beta 3.2 .
Unfortunately it didn't work right, so for Beta 3.3 I have excluded that code again.
If you could have a look at fixing and finishing that, it could add a lot of interest to the game! :cheers

Okay I want to help but first I must learn how to code at POTC. How can I learn coding at POTC. I know only main languages like C,C++,java,C# etc.

Have a look through the PROGRAM folder. From what I understand, the language used is very close to C.
Best way of learning is by doing. So just figure out something simple you'd like to do and then we can point you in the right direction. :doff

Back