• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help You want to help but can't code?

Yes I'm reading through the "Need testing" threads.. most of them are from a month or more ago; anything recently such as quests/side quests/ specific features that need testing?

Certainly the various Custom Starts and the Select Storyline Interface could do with a critical eye.
Also the various ways to play the Jack Sparrow storyline could do with compatibility checks because a lot of storyline stuff has recently been changed.

I've got also something which I would like someone to test.
Recently I came across a problem with a program I wrote which had to do lots of calculations in realtime and the computer should have been more than capable of doing it but the processor just didn't want to do it. After A while I found out by putting the priority of the program higher I did get the performance I wanted.
This made me think maybe we could use this for POTC too. This would mean some windows and background tasks are getting slower but I don't know many people who multitask while playing POTC.
But it could cause instability with for example videocard drivers and such so we need to see if this could actually work.
Could you start POTC for me then go to your task manager (ctrl+alt+esc) and go to processes. Select engine.exe and right click on it. And go to set priority. Please move it 1 higher and play the game for a while and see if anything weird happens and if you get better performance. Then move it up 1 higher again and keep doing this untill weird things happen and let me know on which priority it still worked well.

Would this be the quest where you win in a poker game at tavern then he takes you to the bar cabin and he offers to play you for the girl? Then when you let girl go she asks you to find her fiancee in Martiqiue?

If not then nvm.. im also doing another sidequest from Cayman which I'm having a little trouble with.. perhaps the city name is wrong, or is the name mentioned on this screen a name of a person?

36.jpg

Anothing thing what needs to be tested:
Please board a ship and capture the captain and hire him as officer.
Please tell me which (contributing) perks he or she (is that possible?) has and what kind of officer type it shows.

Ok Ill do the capture captain for now, then I'll try to sort out the 2 quests I'm on, then I'll move on to one of the quests you mentioned =)

If not then nvm.. im also doing another sidequest from Cayman which I'm having a little trouble with.. perhaps the city name is wrong, or is the name mentioned on this screen a name of a person?
That is a shore somewhere.

Yes got in, now I reached the point where I battle with davy jones in the beach.. but wtf once I take out my sword I die right away.. is it only meant to be done with godmode on?

lol and i spent 30 minutes reloading game with a little hope that I might defeat him :p

and wow if I had that wiki I would have finished this quest hours ago.. I only found main quests.. where did you grab this one from

Could someone tell me, how many levels does it take to get to all 10 for the skills.

Back