• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help You want to help but can't code?

Default is good. Make sure you do have the most recent version.
Or perhaps wait until next week with starting because I'll then release another update with more fixes.

Cool beans. After few reloads I got to where you need the 35k for the ship and im short.

On one of my trips across land I hit the wrong option and payed the bandits a stupid amount </shakes fist
and I also over did it with food and booze and also didn't loot some bodies for potential cash/items.
or hit up those random chests
and yeah, I didn't distribute my points for the perks

stupid me

Oh! random thought
I was trying to chat up Emillo and he has nothing to say"............" is his reply he likes best

I was wonder if maybe some text could be displayed something relavent to the quest at the time. Something like "Hey Captian, we got to get a move on, we have a shipment to Margot" of some to that nature.
One benift I can see is you wont have to open your quest book all the time to check and see where you are headed. You have a walking reminder most of the time.

just tossing it out there

I was wonder if maybe some text could be displayed something relavent to the quest at the time. Something like "Hey Captian, we got to get a move on, we have a shipment to Margot" of some to that nature.
One benift I can see is you wont have to open your quest book all the time to check and see where you are headed. You have a walking reminder most of the time.
That would require a lot of work. Coming up with relevant lines for each stage in the quest (there are a lot), then making sure they're used appropriately without breaking anything.
Not worth it, I assure you. :no

Ahoy a small update, sorry its taking a bit of time to get through Barty's quest line. but chapter 3 is completed and only one issue so far.

After the completion of chapter 2 and heading off to see the Portagues Gov'ner I was using the world map to cut down on time played and got caught in a storm with a battle around me, they are just merchant ships and I just pointed the nose to the waves waited it out. Shot a few rounds off and one of the ships surrendered. so I decided to have a look. the visablity was terrible and when I got close it was a fast gallon that surrendered. I was pleased!

I swapped ships crew and cargo and loaded back to real time and had no control over the new ship. .So I hummed and hawed for a bit. couldn't warp out due to combat. so I waited. The remaining ships were making their way and gave up the fight .Soon enough. I could warp out and get back to the world map and then popped back into realtime and had control of the ship

something to add to that, on another play through with 3.4 had had a similar issue.

I was roaming the sea and looking for big fights, Man-o war hunting I was.
I was using a class 2 3rd rate and popped into a "small fleet", ah the French! and just my luck there was a Man-o-war near of a long line of red ships
Beening where I was, it wasn't the best place to be with all those cannons pointing my direction so I used instant board to change my position to the very last boat in the line. Managed to capture the man-o war and swapped ships and had no control over the ship, I waited until I could go to the world map and pop back to real time and had control. I thought it was just a man-O war issue I had before so I thought nothing of it, went to moor and the game hung up trying to load the deck, and I have mentioned this before in another thread. So I swapped ships and sold the man-o-war.

I swapped ships crew and cargo and loaded back to real time and had no control over the new ship. .So I hummed and hawed for a bit. couldn't warp out due to combat. so I waited. The remaining ships were making their way and gave up the fight .Soon enough. I could warp out and get back to the world map and then popped back into realtime and had control of the ship
If anything like that happens again, please make a save with your ship still bugged.
I've got a fair idea of why that happens. But I don't know why, because there is already a lot of code in place to prevent just that.
It is completely unrelated to ship type, that much I know. Could happen anywhere or any time. It just shouldn't.

Will do.
After I had the craval stole and received the ketch, I figured any ole gallon will do , sos I got close and I took one in the neighbour just for kicks
no issues with control of the new ship, but alas , I forgot to place an officer on the Ketch and it was lost

I've got also something which I would like someone to test.
Recently I came across a problem with a program I wrote which had to do lots of calculations in realtime and the computer should have been more than capable of doing it but the processor just didn't want to do it. After A while I found out by putting the priority of the program higher I did get the performance I wanted.
This made me think maybe we could use this for POTC too. This would mean some windows and background tasks are getting slower but I don't know many people who multitask while playing POTC.
But it could cause instability with for example videocard drivers and such so we need to see if this could actually work.
Could you start POTC for me then go to your task manager (ctrl+alt+esc) and go to processes. Select engine.exe and right click on it. And go to set priority. Please move it 1 higher and play the game for a while and see if anything weird happens and if you get better performance. Then move it up 1 higher again and keep doing this untill weird things happen and let me know on which priority it still worked well.
Still would like others to test this also. I find it enhances performance for me. Especially on sea, haven't yet done it while showing fps to actually quantify it. but it feels better.

There are quite some Unconfirmed bugs atm.
If you want to help please read them and try to replicate them. If you do see if you have an error log and upload this. And if possible also provide a savegame just prior to the bug happening.

And we'll be needing confirmation on all the items marked as "Needs Testing" too.

Charlestown is the only one I know of but it is likely the same could be needed for the other mod added towns.

So, take a look at:

\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Charlestown_citizen_dialog.h

you can open it in any text editor and try to edit the text a bit so it's different from the other ones :). Try to keep the meaning of the text the same but give them some personallity.

Special Job
I'm looking for someone who can make a nice tutorial about the new way of Smuggling.
If you think you can do this please let me know and post it here when its done. I will add it to the wiki then so new people can look up how to do it.
I think I read an ingame book which explained the smuggling very good! It was step by step and specific as far as I know!

I think I read an ingame book which explained the smuggling very good! It was step by step and specific as far as I know!
Good to hear the book is doing its job :p.

So you can Copy the tutorial from the Book to wiki :cheeky
Perhaps It can not be copied coz it's a picture, needs some typing lol
It's a text file: RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\BOOKS\smugglingbook.txt .
Likewise, there is also relationbook.txt which was added more recently.

Not sure if we should add it to the Wiki though. Multiple copies of the same information is more stuff to keep up-to-date if anything changes.
I tried that in the past and now I really, really like avoiding that. If it is already in the game, it is already accessible to the player, no?

The book needs to be updated but thats easy and i will do it soonish

Back