• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Your Art

I might need to look at it again; it was very disorienting when I checked the first time, but it did seem potentially intentional.
Have you been having some creative urges by any chance? :rofl

I'd agree it's disorienting. Scrolling effects are very nice, but menu (black screen with white links) should be either before or after the header, or even at left side of screen. One use of menu is accessibility at any given time, so it should stay in it's place with scrolling. Or could be hidden and drop out with mouse moved to the edge of screen.
And now noticed you have a bottom-bar menu for that, so why that intermediate one? It has no hierarchical relation to each other, and that's confusing.
Also, I recommend removing shadow from 1st screen headline. Shadows generally isn't kosher at this day and age, and this looks very mechanic. Maybe changing text color depending on background, or just darkened drawing? Should look cleaner.

My project I'm currently working on in school:

Velociraptor mongoliensis skull, original size.

IMAG0610.jpg IMAG0611.jpg IMAG0607.jpg IMAG0603.jpg

@Wedori
You might find it interesting ;)

The mandible (lower jaw) prototype is finished so far.

I finished the skull basemesh and printed it in school. The upper jaw took only about 23 hours to print... But you simply can't trust those damn 3d printers... So I had to stay close to them and watch them nearly all the time.:whipa
But as expected, the printer itself sabotaged and wrecked the support structures. So I had to manually stabilize or replace them... But over all, it worked better than expected

Last edited:
Back