• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Your Favorite Character and ship and nation

pianicata4

Sailor Apprentice
ahoi admirals and pirates!,feel free to post most suggestions of your favorite character and ship with nation that you play :bird:

Suggestions? I would not dare suggest anything to anyone. To each his own! :cheers

For me any old gray character is fine, I use a personal flag and am only hostile to the English and Pirates. Which ship? That is a hard question to answer as it has to have good cannons and speed, but also a large hold. Light Fleut of War?

Suggestions? I would not dare suggest anything to anyone. To each his own! :cheers

For me any old gray character is fine, I use a personal flag and am only hostile to the English and Pirates. Which ship? That is a hard question to answer as it has to have good cannons and speed, but also a large hold. Light Fleut of War?

dang i actually serve to the english and im admiral of the fleet at the moment :bonaparte,yet i dont know what is the maximum reputation points for highest rank,lol

My Faverouite Character is well me in this case i serve Spain as Capitán General and generally if somebody is silly enough to declare war on my beloved Spain they are in for a bad time , a very bad time usually worst around the time i have re decorated their town hall.

As far as ships go well thats a toughie because on the one hand i love the Galleons and always go with Spanish Shipwrights BUT they are painfully slow and handle like a sandwich with with motor shoved on the back so i tend to go for a Caravel at least half the time.

Blaze Devlin, English privateer chasing down Spanish and French fleets with his belloved Rossiya.

Why Blaze? because of the same hairstyle me and him share.
Why English? because I'm not a fan of the other nations (maybe americans, but I'm sailing before their time)
Why Rossiya? She's fast n' nimble, packs a punch and carries around 400 mean Englishmen + she's the beauty of the seas.

okey,even as the author of this poll i may give my own opinion :drunk

jack aubrey,master and commander storyline,a british fleet servant and his endymion frigate,very agile,specially when its full upgrated ^^,can take out any merchant fleets even sometimes destroy a tier 2 ship :D

ps:i also wish there was other asian ships than the junker ship,i mean,the turtle ship is also good but...,heres the link of the turtle ship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_ship

i dont even know if it has any posibility to make it since there is no deck exept the deck is from the inside :p

and heres my ship

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/572275288809482484/C4C983342272EA57C8CF000B18E945A52A1452DB/

Last edited:
dang i actually serve to the english and im admiral of the fleet at the moment :bonaparte,yet i dont know what is the maximum reputation points for highest rank,lol
Sorry, but Admiral of the fleet IS the highest rank. Not sure what you mean with the rep or something :p

I don't remember any actual limits to the numbers. You can probably keep going, but it will keep getting more difficult as you go along.

My Faverouite Character is well me in this case i serve Spain as Capitán General and generally if somebody is silly enough to declare war on my beloved Spain they are in for a bad time , a very bad time usually worst around the time i have re decorated their town hall.

As far as ships go well thats a toughie because on the one hand i love the Galleons and always go with Spanish Shipwrights BUT they are painfully slow and handle like a sandwich with with motor shoved on the back so i tend to go for a Caravel at least half the time.

I don't know what period you play in but my favorite Spanish ship is the San Martin war galleon. She was part of the Spanish Armada of 1588 and the English considered her to be unsinkable.
In POTC she is only in the first 2 time periods, which is a shame.

EDIT: It's not that bad as the San Martin is available until 1679.

Last edited:
Oh so thats what the Spanish heavy war galleon is called, the San Martin war galleon well i do have one i bought from a shipyard but i dont use her she just stays berthed i might have to bring it out for a patrol and have a play around with it.
:sail

There is a plaque on the main mast that gives the name. Another one I like is the Apostol Philipe treasure galleon, launched in 1625. That one is slow and slow turning except that she always gets to the next port first.

I used my custom characters in game, based off the Blaze face. Ship-wise I have to say the Pinace of War is insanely good across the board.

Infact, though I hate to admit it, I think it may be OP'd. As it stands the ship doesn't have any downside to it.

I think if it were restricted to 12 pound guns (even 18 would be an improvement) it would be a lot more ballanced.

Last edited:
It is a very large ship so it can easily handle large crews, large guns, and large cargoes. But not all at once. It can use some rebalancing as none of those ships have been touched for years, and one version has 84 guns.

From looking at its hull shape it should have its cargo reduced and maybe its turn rate reduced to reflect how top heavy it is. As it is I get them as soon as I can because they are so good.

Back