New Horizons Tutorial
This information relates to Build 14 Beta 4 it may differ from other versions of the game.
This Tutorial is available at the start of the Tales of a Sea Hawk main story & the Free Play stories with Player Type Corsair and some other types.
SAVE YOUR GAME OFTEN
The Tutorial starts in the captain’s cabin of your ship, you have just arrived in a Port, and crew member talks to you.
If when you first select the story you change your National flag from the default one – then you will start at a different town depending on the nation you have selected. In the tutorial crewman will still guide you around the town ( whichever one it is ) showing you the Stall Trader, Store, Tavern and Shipyard.
Flags & their Towns:-
- Personal Flag ( default ) – Speightstown, Barbados
- England - Speightstown, Barbados
- France – St Pierre, Martinique
- Spain – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Holland – Kralendijk, Bonaire
- Portugal – Sao Gorge, Grenada
- Pirate – Pirate Settlement, Nevis
- America - Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera (from Beta 3-5)
You have a choice of having crewman give you a tutorial and advice about the game, (including combat practice and an outline of the Skills and Abilities system) or choose the last option on the 1st dialogue for the Stormy Start where the Story starts immediately and leaves you on a random island.
Stormy Start (top)Arrival at island --- Stormy Start
This is random generated quest. Selected from the 1st dialog in the game - Island you are put on is chosen at random.
Tutorial Quests (top)Quest Name
- Buy a new spyglass
- Hire some crew at the tavern
- Repair the damage caused to my ship by a storm
- Sell cargo to the local trader