• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Fort Coordinates

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Attached file contains x and z coordinates for ALL fort commanders used in the game.
This goes into PROGRAM\Characters\init

Until now, these were only filled in for Jamaica.
That means that until now, the range shown for any fort made absolutely no sense.
This affected the spyglass view but may have affected several other gameplay elements as well.
Here's to hoping this helps and it'll be better now!

I think new game is required, but you can try an F11 too.

Attachments

• FortCommandants.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 62
For some bizarre reason, I'm adding these missing attributes and something in the game code is throwing them away again!

Check the init function for the commanders, maybe there is something in there to automate it

Check the init function for the commanders, maybe there is something in there to automate it
Gotcha, you evil code! I added an exception in SetBaseShipData and now the attributes STAY!

It should be possible to automatically assign the correct position attributes to fort commanders,
because the island array contains the correct coordinates for all reload locators.
However, it takes me more time to figure out how to automate that than to manually fill in the numbers.

YESSS!!! I've got actual distances displaying now to all the forts!
Finally some sense. :dance

All forts have had coordinates set for them that are used in the game as per this update: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817
This may not seem very important, but does mean they follow the normal game systems much more closely and the spyglass no longer shows nonsense numbers for them.
It is also a requirement for them being able to recognize false flags soon.

So when playing, please use your spyglass on every fort you pass and see if you believe the distances or if I accidentally made a mistake with the numbers.
(It is not automated; I filled them in by hand.)

Marking this as fixed as nobody yet reported anything.

Back