• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Kapiten of Kralendijk quest bugs the missing children quest

LordWellesley98

Landlubber
So the other day I finished the Kapiten of Kralendijk quest then on my way out of the town ( after the getting arrested part) I picked up the missing children quest where you have to talk to the governor again however the bloke won't talk to me again ( I tried reloading a save, resting in the tavern and leaving the town sailing away and coming back however no of these have worked)

I was refered here by the PiratesAhoy! discord

please find attached an image that is showing the problem and my save

cheers

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • -=Vertmans=- Bonaire.7z
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 10
So the other day I finished the Kapiten of Kralendijk quest then on my way out of the town ( after the getting arrested part) I picked up the missing children quest where you have to talk to the governor again however the bloke won't talk to me again ( I tried reloading a save, resting in the tavern and leaving the town sailing away and coming back however no of these have worked)
Sailing away should have put the governor back to normal. Did you sail all the way to another island? Or did you just leave port, sail a little way out, then turn round and return?

If the governor still does not talk, download this file into your "PROGRAM" folder. Load your save, and if it's from before you were arrested, go through the arrest and release again. Then press F12, quit the game, and upload "compile.log".

Attachments

• console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
Okay sailing to another Island and back did work cheers mate

feel quite stupid now ( no idea why I did not do the sailing to another island part before)

I've added a bit at the end of the walkthrough to explain this:
The Kapitein of Kralendijk
If you do return to Kralendijk, you'll be recognised and arrested. You can try to fight your way out of it or you can surrender, in which case you go to the townhall for trial. You're sent to prison, where you meet Willem Vogt again. After two months, you're pardoned and released. The governor may not want to talk to you immediately, but after you sail to another island and then return, he will be back to normal.

Back