• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New name for New Horizons Build 15

Work is underway on Build 15, and we are proud to share with you all that it will become a stand-alone release that no longer requires Pirates of the Caribbean to play. To emphasize this milestone in the development of New Horizons, we think it should be fitting to adopt a new title and drop the "Pirates of the Caribbean" title altogether.

Our modders have done some brainstorming to come up with suitable ideas, but now is your chance to help us choose the new title for our flagship mod!

5 votes in 15 minutes?
That was fast!

My vote goes for "Freedom of the Seas".
After all these years, "New Horizons" has come to sound rather old to me.

Reactions: Lrv
New Horizons: Seas of Freedom

Eh?
Thought that up while walking an hour home.
It's not bad, I reckon.

@Grey Roger, how about it?
You made the original suggestion.

Freedom of the seas . that's the name for a cruise ship one of carnivals I think so I hate it lol.
One of the Royal Caribbean, yes.
I should've realised that sooner.

Being Dutch, I'd have thought you of all people would have got the reference to "Freedom of the Seas", or "Mare Liberum". ;) In contrast to "Mare Clausum", or "Closed Seas", as represented by copyright-limited games such as "Pirates of the Caribbean", Build 15 is to be standalone and free to all.

It seems our classic "New Horizons" nomer is not so easy to leave behind.
And no fitting our newfound freedom in there either...

I had an idea that the word "Beyond" could be separated from the "New Horizons".
Something like this:
1674210959229.png

I'm sure one of our other members can do a much better job though.
I'd be curious to see what @Grey Roger, @Sand 2 Go, @Mirsaneli or @Jack Rackham might be able to come up with.

logoconceptnopotc-png.41504

I had made a concept at some point, I don't think it's that great, but it's a thing.
Also I somehow posted this initially as just "I had", and I also should never make a post on mobile again, as I just realized I had made other mistakes too. :rofl

Last edited:
It seems our classic "New Horizons" nomer is not so easy to leave behind.
And no fitting our newfound freedom in there either...

I had an idea that the word "Beyond" could be separated from the "New Horizons".
Something like this:
View attachment 41565

I'm sure one of our other members can do a much better job though.
I'd be curious to see what @Grey Roger, @Sand 2 Go, @Mirsaneli or @Jack Rackham might be able to come up with.
Do you know which font is used for the "Pirates Ahoy!" logo at the top of the page? Or do you have a version of the logo with no background?

Sailors of the Caribbean?

Joking aside, congratulations on such such an incoming milestone!

My personal take is that the Caribbean setting is important enough to at least warrant the name in a subtitle, but New Horizons *must* be in the title as well, so I don't know how to mash both things.

Sailors of the Caribbean?
Swashucklers of the Caribbean: Beyond (New) Horizons?

Do you know which font is used for the "Pirates Ahoy!" logo at the top of the page? Or do you have a version of the logo with no background?
Praise be to @Hammie . I didn't know.

Do we want a new logo to look like the forum logo; or maintain some similarity with the original New Horizons logo in the game?

@Mirsaneli made a custom logo for the Maelstrom branch as well.

I would like to congratulate all those who submitted their proposals. All of them seem to me to be good ideas

I will Like:

"Sea Horizons: Waves of Freedom"
or
"Horizons of the sea: waves of freedom"

or
"New horizons: waves of freedom"

With the words "Horizons", "New" and "Freedom", which are preferred by the majority. I would like to add the word "waves" because they come from the sea and represent the tranquility or the terrible of a marine situation. But it is also used to represent a trend.

with the words "Swashbucklers" and "Bounty" I like a slogan for the title better than the title of the game itself for example:

"The Swashbucklers persuit all of you. Give them their Bounty!"

Last edited:
The poll is closed and "Beyond New Horizons" got more votes than all the others put together, so that seems pretty decisive. And so, here's my first attempt at a logo:
logo.jpg

I have the Photoshop original with the various elements as separate layers, so they can easily enough be moved around or resized. I'm also thinking of putting a border round it and shaping the sides to make it look like the stern plate of a ship.

Back