• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 12th January 2024]

@Grey Roger, here are some minor fixes:

WoodesRogers model better animation + height
swedish grenadier model was a little transparent
no rain in treasure cave
label Maltains
and some clean up in the GoldBug

Attachments

• JRH files 24_05-04.7z
    264.4 KB · Views: 17
Thanks, @Jack Rackham! :cheers

You seem to have an older version of "initModels.c". The January update changed all multi-word "model.name" and "model.lastname" entries such as "James T." or "de la Vega" into single words with underscores - "James_T." or "de_la_Vega". Multi-word names are split up when they're assigned to characters and don't always translate properly. The names are corrected in "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\storyline_strings.txt" so that they appear as separate words without underscores. (And also in the versions for other languages.)

Should there be a new texture for the new model "Grenadier_swe_18.gm"?

Oh oh. I meant only to add the changes under WoodesRogers.
It was worthwhile uploading your "initModels.c" anyway because your "Woodes_Rogers" model uses the "33_Ronald" animation, both according to your "initModels.c" and the new "TempQuest.c". Does that mean you have a new model "Woodes_Rogers"?

While it normally does lock the map, in this case, due to a fault in the code execution, which happens a lot due to the huge volume of code to download and install, errors happen on a statistical basis that corrupt and the only troubleshoot is to delete and download until you get an execution that performs as it should. No checksum validation of downloads leaves this consequence.

Yet another screen freeze on sinking a ship... Obviously a "Do-Loop" fault since the background sound continues looping while the screen is locked. Is no one complaining because this has gone on for so long without resolution players have given up trying to get someone to fix this error? I suspect so, Point me to the module and line numbers and I'll tinker with it, maybe stumble on a fix. Really a time waster to go through long battle sequence only to have this bug wipe everything out and you have to repeat, if you were wise enough to save prior to engaging. Anyone out there as bothered by this as I am? maybe if enough people complain someone will be motivated to diagnose and correct the error.

Ahoy Ahoy Ahoy Mates... warning! If you play B14v24(22). In my play on W7/10 on Lenovo T61/T510 the Modules .dll files get corrupted so that when you close and try to reopen later the game does not open in W7. The fault given is a Radeon call (?) Where did that come from? In W10 the game loads but the sky is Black and the sea is milk-white obvious corruption of sea.dll(?) or support rendering .dll s (?). Replacing sea.dll from a working game does not work. The whole MODULES must be replaced (in my experience) to restore proper scene rendering and in W7 allow game loading with no Radeon fault. Only solution, in my situation, is to drop in a MODULE file from a working game by deleting the corrupted file. Keep a good copy of the MODULE file in your PotC file as a spare (as in tires) to load when you go to open the game after a period of downtime.
If anyone has more specific information as to which file(s) are being corrupted I would appreciate the call-out so I can adapt to an easier fix to make play easier.

Semper Paratus Mates :)!

CG71

Update... corruption returned indicating a probable (most reasonable cause) virus corruption.

Returned to v18 which I've been told has not been changed for the current v24(22) copied and dropped into the folder restores the rendering. I believe this gives credibility to the virus guess since only a change in the coding content could have been causing the effect. I now have a spare tire backup from v18 Modules in each game folder and suggest others players try this if they are having similar problems.

I will be Beta testing this "fix" and if the problem returns let you know... otherwise the fix is good for all.

Smooth Sailing Maties :)
CG71

BTW Anyone running W10, how to turn off Internet metering lock out? I hate 10 and this is why this is so gimmicked with all kinds of hidden blocks to keep employees of businesses using 10Pro from "abusing" their Corporate privilege those of us not in that HELL are crippled by the MStupidity of such gimmicks meant to interfere with using the OS. Of course I can't find any plain American English instruction on how to shut down this idiocy... anyone out there know how to delete this krap?

Last edited:
Back