• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved 1st Person Camera Request

Lambar

Landlubber
Hi shipmates,

Does anyone know of any mods that allow the player to always control whether they have chosed 1st or 3rd view (normally TAB key).

I prefer to play in 1st person and find it very frustrating, and breaks the immersion for me, when my char swaps from 1st person to 3rd person view without me wanting it to. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim for years in 1st person and just wish it was possible in AOP (GOF).

I'd really appreciate an answer if anyone would be kind enough.

cheers

I have moved your post to its own thread in the AoP 2 forum, otherwise it is going to confuse everyone. ;)

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure of CoAS, but in the PotC Build Mod we have tried setting the 1st person camera at sea by default in the past.
Unfortunately, doing so for some reason vastly increased the chance for the game crashing to desktop when loading to sea.
So eventually we decided to do away with that toggle, much to our own regret of course.
I suspect the same applies to CoAS.

This is a known issue that most players don't like. You can find other threads about it. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to fix it. The only times you will have an issue is when you are close to walls or corners. Examples: cornered close next to a gunwale - fighting guards next to a doorway or to a city gate - Fighting with your back to a cave wall, etc etc...

Once you get a little experience, you will learn to stay away from these spots to maintain your advantage. The camera problem will get you killed quick, because you can't react properly with your character moving back and forth from 1st/3rd person.

Sorry I can't give you better news.

MK

Back