• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice 2023 in review + outlook for 2024

With 2023 coming to an end, I wanted to seize the opportunity to recap what we have achieved this past year and what we are working towards in 2024. To make the message as short as possible, I will keep to bullet points:
In 2023 we managed the following:

• We tripled the member count for our lovely discord community (from around 350 members to more than 1100)
@Hammie not only introduced us to Beyond New Horizons on the open source StormX engine but even managed to get it to a beta state
@Mirsaneli significantly upgraded Maelstrom New Horizons in terms of features and quality of life improvements
• We managed to host 10 podcasts on our discord server with various creators in the pirate game community
• We managed to get the English translation for the Russian reconstruction OS mod rolling, allowing us to enjoy this awesome mod soon in English as well
• We reactivated our old community Youtube account, hit 1000+ subscribers on the channel and @Pieter Boelen started his series of Pieter plays let’s plays
• We managed to bring the English as well as Russian Sea Dogs communities closer together, with new partnerships being pursued
@AkrimalS did significant work on the Russian translation for New Horizons, hopefully bringing the communities further together next year
• And last but not least, our forum members @Grey Roger,@Jack Rackham and @Bartolomeu o Portugues did some great work for an upcoming update for New Horizons

However, I can assure you all that our plans for 2024 will top everything that we have managed to do in 2023 by far:

• We will port our beloved New Horizons mod to Unreal engine 5 with the first playable demo coming along in a couple of months
• We will introduce a new worldmap with new 3D-islands to Beyond New Horizons as well as Maelstrom New Horizons
• We will finish porting the Sea Dogs COAS storyline into New Horizons and start working towards implementing the storylines of the other games such as Caribbean Tales and Sea Dogs 1 as well
• Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons will be further improved and worked upon with new features being introduced too
• We will host our next round of podcasts with an updated schedule
• We will continue uploading new content to our Youtube channel

Hi, I'm - well not excatly new to this site but have been absent for like 20 years .....

I'm curious about this Unreal Engine 5 port - could you point to to the corresponding forum/thread?

I'm curious about this Unreal Engine 5 port - could you point to to the corresponding forum/thread?
Hi, the game is called Dawn of Piracy and at the moment the development progress is mainly shown on our Discord. From when I wrote that sentence to now it has evolved into a seperate game, not relying on the sea dogs assets, given their fairly uncertain legal status. However, two storylines of New Horizons will be featured in the game, even though not on release but rather later on as a free dlc.

Indeed, TOOL has been an amazing help for all sorts of things. Many new characters, new locations and old ships with fixed ropes owe you a lot of thanks! :cheers

Hi, the game is called Dawn of Piracy and at the moment the development progress is mainly shown on our Discord. From when I wrote that sentence to now it has evolved into a seperate game, not relying on the sea dogs assets, given their fairly uncertain legal status. However, two storylines of New Horizons will be featured in the game, even though not on release but rather later on as a free dlc.
Thanks, I will then head over to Discord

Indeed, TOOL has been an amazing help for all sorts of things. Many new characters, new locations and old ships with fixed ropes owe you a lot of thanks! :cheers
Glad to hear it's been used. I am myself mostly using Blender these days, afraid the sources of the TOOL have been lost - so no updates or bug fixes for that one :(

Back