• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3 textures 1 ship part deux

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
This is kinda weird. I'm trying to give myself the red and white corvette, but all three hull folders have a generic-looking tan one. I DID find the red (and the blue and gold) one in what appears to be a secondary texture file in the same place as the main one, and I said ok no problem, I'll just rename it. But now the 'hood ornament' or whatver changed from being a white and gold unicorn to a solid black half unicorn/half whale/half Idon'twannaknow thing. I have backups, so it's not like I ruined anything, but I'd still like to know if I can get the red and white corvette without it looking weird.

Compare the files from each of the Hull folders and if (example) Hull 1 is the only folder with the texture you wish to use then move it into Hull2 or which ever Hull folder doesn't have it.

Yeah, I know, that's what I did. The problem is that the hull texture I want for some reason doesn't have the unicorn (and several other elements) in it, so they turn black in the game. The lifeboat and the pilothouse have black parts when I change textures.

I don't know anything about ship modeling but sounds like a texture is missing or its trying to use the wrong texture. :shrug

Open model viewer and open original ship model and see what textures it use so write those names and copy them to hull folder same with ur own hull - if u dont have any of required textures then try remake original texture :will

Back