• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

8 Maximum Companion Ships

Saint-Ashley

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I found a way to change the maximum companion ships from 4 (plus your ship) to 7 (plus your ship) for a total of 8.

8companion.png

But as you can see I still need to find the code for the interface files to realign the added 3 ships. Does anyone know where this code may be?

I'm guessing here, but in Program/battle_interface/BattleInterface.c there is:
Code:
BattleInterface.ShipIcon.iconoffset1 = "70,70";
BattleInterface.ShipIcon.iconoffset2 = "70,198";
BattleInterface.ShipIcon.iconoffset3 = "70,326";
BattleInterface.ShipIcon.iconoffset4 = "70,454";
BattleInterface.ShipIcon.iconoffset5 = "70,582";
So try adding a few more iconoffsetX values in there.
And if that works, also in Program/battle_interface/WmInterface.c for the world map view.

Cheers,

JA

Sweet that worked. I never would have thought it would be in a C file. Now I just have to vigersouly test it for bugs given the nature of this modification. Though every spot I spotted in the code for companions seemed to be perfectly fine.

Thanks Jonathan

Now that's got to be a hellish fleet... plus... 8 mow's mean 8K man army raiding a city... nice

Jus' be a thinkin': Ye kin now captain a ragin' fleet o' War Tartanes! :woot :b: :onya

I found a way to change the maximum companion ships from 4 (plus your ship) to 7 (plus your ship) for a total of 8.

[attachment=3768:8companion.png]

But as you can see I still need to find the code for the interface files to realign the added 3 ships. Does anyone know where this code may be?

so how did you changed it to 8 ships ? what file did you changed ? :p

as CMv3 stands now, coming by food is easier. Consumption rates have been lowered. I would expect that this is mod is more appliable now than before. It may be worth adding into the next cm release...We may have to figure out how to increase the maximum number of officers to captain this many vessels

there is that dirty way of leaving officers in a port authority ship then going and recruiting more still right?

I agree with food less of an issue it would be sweet to see a fleet of MOWs..... or tartanes or bermuda sloops ona regatta haha.

wow is this a resurrected thread... Unfortunately I lost the data files I had for this, but I am sure I could find them again. I had everything but when your at a trader with the select ship scroll bar, working correctly. The issue was it only allowed 5 ships to show up.

Back when i first joined PA! this was one of the things i was hoping to get my greedy hook on.

Indeed, this was one of the mods I was really looking forward to seeing completed. Lets get this bad boy back up and running and see what can be done!

Cap'n Drow

Back