• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

92lbs cannons

can you equip 92lbs cannons on any ship. if so how do you do it

If you could not, why would they be in the game hmm?
I'm sure you can, but only on large ships as they say in the description due to there weight and such because there intended for "Forts".
So a Man-of-War could possibly hold them.

It's been a while since I have played COAS but i would say Yes, You can.
You can equip cannons and such in a Shipyard. (They can be quite pricey)

No you can't mount 92Ibs cannons on ships, they are for forts only. However the reason they are in the shipyard is for those who wish to use the for trade as would have been the case back in those day's.

Since the Soleil always gets grouped up on in the French quest line, I gave her 92-pounders to beat off all those galleons. It's not legit though since I had to add them in the Ships_init file. It is very good motivation to capture the Soleil once I'm done with the quests though.

Interesting, you will have more motivation because 42Ibs cannons will only be available for MOW's and 48Ibs cannons will only be for the likes of Soleil and Flying Dutchman (both quest versions) the none quest versions will not be able to mount them. This means you can't upgrade to 42Ibs cannons either.

I don't think even forts had a 92lb gun xD:

British Canon ball sizes

But fear not! There was a 90lb canon, the only problem is it wasn't invented during the games time frame.

Dahlgren gun
Dahlgren guns were muzzle loading naval artillery designed by Rear Admiral John A. Dahlgren USN, (November 13, 1809 – July 12, 1870) mostly used in the period of the American Civil War....Dahlgren guns were nicknamed "soda bottles", a shape which became their most identifiable characteristic.

The IX-inch Dahlgren was the most popular and versatile of Dahlgren Shell guns made. The IX- guns served as broadside armament on larger ships such as the USS Susquehanna, which carried 12 IX-inch Dahlgren guns in broadside mounts in addition to her two pivot guns and the USS Powhatan which carried 10 IX-inch guns in broadside mounts in addition to her 2 XI-inch Dahlgren pivot guns.
This gun weighed 9,000lbs and fired a 90lb shot. Both ships that the quote mentions were launched in 1850.

And not to leave the British behind, 110lb gun from HMS Warrior HMS Warrior (1860)

Back