• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved A Beginner needing help

How do I fast travel on the world map? I'm in realism mode where you must discovet places first.
Both on the world map and at sea, pressing "R" will speed up time, pressing "G" will slow it. (Unless you've changed the controls through the "Options" menu".)
Oh was he referring to the Time Compression and not the Fast Travel? Sorry 'bout that then. :oops::p

But you can't board them? Well, I can. Go near it. Don't go the opposite direction when boarding and mind your speed when boarding. :sail

Yeah you're right about this @DavyJack , I remember I've done this too sometimes with a quest ship. I turns grey and I couldn't shoot at it anymore but I could board it, but it only works if you are very close to it unless you have the boarding skills. Those make it much easier to board them ;)

Yeah you're right about this @DavyJack , I remember I've done this too sometimes with a quest ship. I turns grey and I couldn't shoot at it anymore but I could board it, but it only works if you are very close to it unless you have the boarding skills. Those make it much easier to board them ;)
That sounds like they just surrendered to you. :shock

There are two different situations here.

If a single ship surrenders, its marker on the compass radar turns grey, it stops shooting, and you can board it from further away than if you were boarding a hostile ship.

Occasionally the entire fleet will surrender and turn grey on the radar, making them effectively all neutral and you can't board them at all. This was covered in my Minor weirdness thread; apparently when the lead ship of a fleet is captured, the rest may go neutral. Also apparently, this has been fixed and I may have encountered the problem because I've been playing Beta 3 - if it's been fixed in Beta 3.1 then it's no longer a problem.

Occasionally the entire fleet will surrender and turn grey on the radar, making them effectively all neutral and you can't board them at all. This was covered in my Minor weirdness thread; apparently when the lead ship of a fleet is captured, the rest may go neutral. Also apparently, this has been fixed and I may have encountered the problem because I've been playing Beta 3 - if it's been fixed in Beta 3.1 then it's no longer a problem.
I made some code changes last year that I had hoped might fix it. But I don't think it did. So it is still bugged. :(

Yes of course they do, at the moment the saw my ship 'Hudgens' they'll realized the cannot win from me mwuhahahaaa!!!! :razz
Oh yeah, how 'bout: your current fame affects your enemy's morale? Like if you have the title: Scourge of the Seven Seas, the enemy will have a BIG decrease in their morale from their fear of you resulting to other ships immediately surrendering to you as soon as you approach and them recognizing the flag. A little adjustments to the Fame Calculation like really hard or long before you can obtain the Highest title so that when you do, you'll really enjoy the hard-earned prize or say reputation. :D

Back