• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Build Question

Well you could go into "POTC"-"Programs"-"Ships"-"Ships.int", find the ship and then check the Speed and Turn Rate....

I think they like "handicap" in horse races ......
The PMT gave ships a handicap so light and less armed ships has a advance +*% in speed and turnrate, and strong ships has a -*% in speed and turnrate.........
but I do not why they did it ........
just as the MOW GUBER had speed 14(in file) but actual sailed max 11.9(or somethings like that)
so small ships is faster and more agile than large and heavy ships.
:cheeky

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->why doesnt everyones flag work? it looks like only my flag and skulls works...thats all!  8)[/quote]

could it be that your gif animation has a eternal loop ............
and the others do not ......
:cheeky

The movement of the ships is based on a lot of different things - your sailing skills, whether your hold is full or empty, the wind, and whether your sails and hull are intact or damaged. I think there are variables for everything... So it depends on the moment.

Yep, Harcourt Fenton Mudd devised a system to balance ships, to try to tone down the heavies and give more flavor to the lights, especially making `fore-and`-aft riggers as handy as they should be (as you still don't get so much advantage from their rig type as you should).
The changes are in reinit.c

For correct stats, see the `Build-version` of the Ship Stats excel worksheet. I think Keith's posted it...

Back