• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A cool idea inbetween eitc quests and cotbp

Peter Blood

Privateer
I remember playing a gba game many years ago around the time the first movie came out about what happened to Jack after the mutiny but before the first movie. The game began with being stranded on the isle and it would be cool to include some of the elements of that game in htc rather than what we currently have. It has after all been confirmed as potc cannon.

When I am using something other than my iPhone I will get into more detail.

I've seen some of the "official" explanations of what happened prior to CotBP and I don't quite like most of it.
Usually it involved ridiculous amounts of supernatural stuff, just like DMC and AWE, as well as Jack's younger years and all sorts.
To me, it just sounds silly.

We're covered as far as non-canonical storylines are concerned anyway:
A lot has been speculated about the early days of Jack Sparrow and we're not even sure if this particular account is entirely accurate. It does explain some of the events that shaped this infamous pirate, but the journey can take multiple twists and turns depending on your choices, which may or may not end with you sailing into the sunset after lifting the Curse of the Black Pearl.

What would be cool is if I made a second Jack sparrow storyline where good ole Gibbs tells the story in a different way with a supernatural twist to someone else when I am done with el patron. It would be funny because it would imply that Gibbs changes the story every time. It would be a good alternitive.

The story already changes depending on the choices of the player.
I think it'd be better to improve on what we've got and add DMC and AWE rather than doing a different take.
Not to mention, proper supernatural stuff wouldn't be too easy to realize with the game coding.
Walking skeletons, sure. But even the Kraken was rather tricky to achieve and is still not quite as awesome as we might like.
But that's the limitations of what we can easily achieve, what is hard to achieve and what we cannot achieve.

Ah, well I don't know where magee is from, but if he is in the us like me, he may have thanksgiving week to work on it. I think he may be from the UK though or I could be wrong. Also, my new pc is having the same crashes on both hornblower and Jack as my old pc did. Is there an updated patch that could help?

No idea why you'd have crashes. When do they occur?

And Captain Maggee is from Tasmania.

Hornblower: When I dock in Kingston. When I restart and go around Jamaica and make it to the Indy as an alternitive it crashes when I go to sea.

Jack: Beckett is still not on the jetty!

Hornblower: When I dock in Kingston. When I restart and go around Jamaica and make it to the Indy as an alternitive it crashes when I go to sea.

Did you run the Rename.bat file when you installed the game ?

Jack: Beckett is still not on the jetty!

Which storyline - Mings/Brotherhood Or Brock/Brinkley --- Beckett has a habit of disappearing after hiring you in Speightstown tavern ( his ship not on F2 ships screen and does not sail with you to Port Royale ) but when you get to Port Royale he appears on the jetty and talks ok ( at least in my game for the Mings Storyline )
:shrug

Back