• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A couple of things, you've decided in the april update of build 14, that puzzle me

Fluen

Freebooter
1. How come the player no longer heals during sea travels? In the stock game the player character healed when in a tavern guest room, but also when aboard his/her own ship. Why was the ship healing removed?

2. I've noted the beautiful new textures for the plants. However the jungles tied to living beings used to modify already existing places have not been retextured. How come?

1: No idea. I found the code which does the routine healing but not where it's triggered, so I can't see why it isn't happening at sea. As a quick'n'dirty fix, I've added a few lines to the code which deals with what happens each day - checks for food and rum, ship repairs, mutinies etc. It will now also restore maximum HP to you, your party officers and your companion captains. Put the attached file into "PROGRAM\Worldmap".

2: There was a new texture for those trees and it looked rubbish. The problem is that the nice feathery palm leaves aren't actually that feathery, the model has just a basic leaf shape. The feathery detail is made by having part of the texture invisible to create the gaps between individual fronds. For some reason, the jungle models used as additions don't obey the invisibility and the new texture made this obvious. The older texture might not be ideal but it's better than the newer texture for these plants.

Attachments

• DailyCrewUpdate.c
    29 KB · Views: 44
Back