• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A request for a Ship, for a Bounty descendant

Reubz

Landlubber
Hey All,

I am a seventh generation mutiny on the Bounty descendant.
Fletcher Christian was my 7th great grandfather. I currently reside on
Norfolk Island where the Pitcairners(Descendants of the Mutiny) were
resettled in 1856.
Could Any one Make me (and others of course) an HMS Bounty,
there should be a wealth of information on the net about the bounty.
By the way, NK is a god for what has been done with this game.
I am not a programmers bum, I just don't get the lingo, on top
of that the internet here is dodgy at best, allmost 12 hours to get
build 10.1.
I totally understand if no one can be bothered

Cheers Mateys
Reubz

Hey pretty cool, Reubz! 8)

I don't know if any of the ship modders are working on or have made the HMS Bounty, but I'm sure there's bound to be some interest about it. Grumblepunk does some 3D modeling (I haven't started yet, but want to), perhaps he'll have something he can tell you about it...

There is a new build coming very soon which will have more excellent features than 10.1 - sorry to hear you're having such trouble downloading - but at least you can do it! :cheers :D

Welcome aboard, and don't worry, we're all very happy to help - I would have answered sooner but I was gone all day and nearly all night. :cheers Life intruded upon my duties here! :) :cheers

Thanx Catalina, :onya the rums on me matey :yes .
I think i'm in an odd timezone here anyhow.
But a BOunty would be great.

Cheers

Hey we're all in "odd" timezones - if you will notice from some of the flags we have under our locations - we are indeed a global community - and this is what makes it all so much fun! :onya :yes

Thanks for the rum, matey - Catalina always needs more rum! :cheers

I remember WAY back when there was a thread talking about ships that HMS Bounty was being talked about. Now what happened to that project...I don't know. There have been many ship requests in the past and I have not seen a single one.

Well these things do take time, unfortunately. The models are incredibly detailed and while I have Maya I still have not gotten into it - but from what I see, ships take a LOT of time to design. Just ask Grumblepunk!

I believe the codes & such for submitting new ships is improving too - so we are ABLE to add more ships! There was a limit - and the danger that we were reaching it - now there will be more room for more ships! This will be sooo good for anyone working in Maya to create more good ships in the future... :onya :yes

I think I'm just special...in the head. :yes
Hell, Clutch has like 487 ships that he's making. Me? I get lost on making a damned rudder perfect down to the vertice for a day or two. :cheers

The Brig is technically done and ready to ship to you Cat. I just can't bring myself to say it's finished. I just know that there is something that I'm missing. :onya

Are any of Clutch's ships going to be made available? I remember the Crescent and the Tyrant III , but they never got released. :shock: Could you tell us what he might be working on? Also, what about this Brig? Any info on that?

Catalina will be doing the texturing. I just made the model. I'm not all that keen on the sails so I'll give you the old pic with shoddy textures. :cheeky

Also note that the gunports now follow the lines of the hull. Few other minor tweaks and general cleaning up since this was snapped:

Brig_BW_05.jpg

Ah heck with it. Here's my nasty sails.

Brig_Sails_01.jpg

NOTE: Those are my shoddy textures above, not Catalina's. This model will look 100% better with a true artist at the helm, painting her right.

She's about the size of a Xebec and carries 7 16lbs'ers per side with 2 16lbs chasers. The lines follow that of HMS Speedy, but that is where the resemblance pretty much stops.

Oh, and she has a tiller, which I rather enjoy. :shock:

Regarding Clutch's ships, it's hard for me to say and not because I don't want to. He's a ship building `a-holic`. SO MANY in the works that it will likely be some time before they are finished and he seems to be pretty silent about them. I get the impression that he is a man of few words and much action, meaning he is busting his hump on them rather than talking about them. I am REALLY hoping that Tyrant III and Crescent make it into the build, but I don't think that they will. There are deeper plans for new ships than simply dropping them into the game and those plans are going to require a hefty amount of code. Everyone is working really hard on the Build, so I don't think anyone has the spare time to code anything new, right now.

That said, the Build is amazingly comprehensive in all of the ways that make a game more interesting and enjoyable. This version really blows me away and includes such things that I never thought I would see in PotC. Knowing that so much more is planned and knowing how impressive those plans are...I'll be playing PotC for a very very long time.

GP, I knew you could say more on this - I am not a modeler - YET - and I don't know too much about what's going on in that section of the PMT. Thanks!

And I KNEW you'd not be able to release this ship for texturing yet... You're worried she's not perfect yet. I'll ask you one thing - DO YOU WANT TO RELEASE HER IN YOUR LIFETIME?

:shock: Send 'er to me, and go take yer wife out for dinner, matey... :cheeky 8)

Aye GP, 'at will be a fine addition tew de game,look'n forwrd tew sail'n something new in de game uther than Skelly Bob's gunboat,yers may be de first new model ship in de game,would be quite a feat matey :shock:

The ship looks great and I am sure Catalina will do a great job cause he knows how important the texturing is especially for the Bounty! :gday

Back