• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abilities.

mrk252

Landlubber
I can't seem to understand how abilities work, if your officers have them. Like, if My officer has "Pro Cannoneer" and I don't have it, will it still be activated (ofcourse only if the officer is assignes as a cannoneer)? What if it's the other way around, like I have the perk and he doesn't (again if the officer is assignes a a cannoneer)?

Could someone explain it please?

Thanks!

To work an ability you either:
1. Must have it yourselves
2. Must have the corresponding officer appointed with this ability. This is you have appointed a bosun all his bosun abilities will work for your ship; but the non-bosun abilities of the officer will not work.
BUT - you can have officers with "multi-tasking" and "jack-of-all-trades" abilities. Those officers can be appointed on 2 and even 3 jobs and all of their jobs related abilities will work.
For the companion ships only the companion abilities work; you cannot appoint officers there.

So basicly, if I have all the abilities that a cannoneer should have, I wont need him other than if he has better stats.
Thanks for the help BTW

I keep them assigned to positions and rotate them so they can gain more skills and be used to captain captured ships eventually.

<!--quoteo(post=337121:date=Jul 14 2009, 01:57 PM:name=Edie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edie @ Jul 14 2009, 01:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337121"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I keep them assigned to positions and rotate them so they can gain more skills and be used to captain captured ships eventually.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not only this - I suspect when they are appointed at 2 or 3 positions they do receive XP for every position separately. \this way they don't fall behind the Hero in levels and even can go slightly ahead.

Back