• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

About locations...

takedown47

Landlubber
How big are the cities/towns? And is there level loading between different parts of the city like in PotC? And also about the jungle, whats the deal with it this time round? Can we freely roam islands without level loading?

One more question, i noticed there is no Spanish Main. I find this anooying since alot of the buccaneer action from the 16th and 17th century was involved with stealing gold from the Spanish Main. Heroic adventuers landing ashore and marching through jungle to raid places like Panama, Nomre de Dios, Porto Bello and then bugger off back to the ships and make like goasts of the fog getting back to Tortuga in one peice. Or the Mosquito coast where smugglers lurk, or places like Slave plantations of Caracas and Lake Maracaibo. All great locations. I hope The build mod will be able to expand the map. Fingers crossed. I know the game will be moddable. Perhaps there could be jungle trails connecting cities and locations inland to the sea ports. If a daredevil like Beatrice could somehow find a safe anchorage along the Mosquito coast, follow a jungle trail fighting the occasional native indian ambush or spanish ambush to reach a remote gold rich settlement then we could see the game divide into land based warfare (raiding) as well as naval action.

Just ideas and a few questions.

Hi Captain Finch,

Everything indicates less jungle this time around, to many people complained about it to Akella and out it went. I believe you can start off with towns up till large towns, but not sure about cities.

Can we get some help here guys ?? Appreciate it.

Now.... about the Spanish main supposedly the technology wouldn'y allow for Continental landmasses and they figured they might as well forget the rest of the Carribean I guess.

Very dissapointed there is no Cuba or Cartagena or Panama myself but there still may be hope for modding in new islands like Cuba and the Bahamas.

It does make me wonder though because Pirates of the Burning Sea HAS the whole Spanish Main and South East North American Continent and East India Company also has 40 towns and cites and Continents.

Go figure....

Anyway, we would be greatfull for your imput on East India Company, would you like to play as other powers aside from Brittain such as France, Holland, Sweden and Denmark ??

As it is they will only have England as the only playable faction, please help us with the petition to get more countries in. Very greatfull for your time and hope I was of help.

Vote here Captain Finch:

<a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7888" target="_blank">http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7888</a>

Back