• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Activemap, Hookmod functions and much more for version 1.7.3.

JTem

Freebooter
Staff member
Storm Modder
Hi, this mod only works for version 1.7.3.

I have compiled several of the things that make the game more appealing to me and included them in this mod.

To enjoy it just overwrite the files in the original game, if you don't want to hear the sailors sing don't overwrite the RESOURCE folder.

Includes:

1.- World map by pressing 'n' with island borders.
2.- The speed of navigation on the world map is the same as in the Hookmod for new games.
3.- Pop-up messages will appear when you enter an area with a mangarosa plant.
4.- It includes audios with songs of sailors when navigating.

Mod Jtem(Eng)

Thank you!

Now I haven't played the hook mod in almost two years, but if I remember correctly it changed the available acceleration multipliers so instead of a maximum of 8x it was I think 32x or 64x. Eitherway do you have an idea where these changes are in the files? I looked through the old hook mod files hoping to find this change so I could copy it to the game but so far I couldn't find it. Would make 'real time' sailing so much smoother again. Not too mention some hot raid missions.

@JTem, do you have any clues?

Were it PotC, I'd say to look at PROGRAM\seadogs.c; but I believe TEHO has those files sheltered away...

Thank you!

Now I haven't played the hook mod in almost two years, but if I remember correctly it changed the available acceleration multipliers so instead of a maximum of 8x it was I think 32x or 64x. Eitherway do you have an idea where these changes are in the files? I looked through the old hook mod files hoping to find this change so I could copy it to the game but so far I couldn't find it. Would make 'real time' sailing so much smoother again. Not too mention some hot raid missions.

In this message one of the developers tells us what needs to be changed to slow down time as Hookmod did at the time.

4. Worldmap time slow not included, but you can easily DIY. For a new game, open PROGRAM\worldmap_init.c, find worldMap.date.hourPerSec, change from 1.5 to something lower. In Hook's mod default speed is 0.5 (3 times slower). For current saves, open PROGRAM\seadogs.c, find OnLoad() function, add the following line inside (for example, after actLoadFlag = 1; line):
C++:
worldMap.date.hourPerSec = 0.5;
You don't have to do it every time! Once this has been executed, after you loaded a save and made another save, this value will stay in this save.

On that basis I made this mod

First I want to thank you for updating the mod so it can work with 1.7.3.

However I have question about the mod, I've searched this forum for tehomod_1.0.zip, but it no longer contains tehomod.ini and only contains d3d8.dll, any idea where I can get tehomod_1.0 so I can get the mod working? Thanks for any help.

First I want to thank you for updating the mod so it can work with 1.7.3.

However I have question about the mod, I've searched this forum for tehomod_1.0.zip, but it no longer contains tehomod.ini and only contains d3d8.dll, any idea where I can get tehomod_1.0 so I can get the mod working? Thanks for any help.
Actually what this post contains is not a mod as the Hookmod was, it is the compilation of changes in certain files to enjoy the benefits of that mod in version 1.7.3 and something else.

Maybe it is a mod after all...

Actually what this post contains is not a mod as the Hookmod was, it is the compilation of changes in certain files to enjoy the benefits of that mod in version 1.7.3 and something else.

Maybe it is a mod after all...
Sorry but now I'm confused, does this 'mod' implement the benefits of Hookmod into the base game, or does the game stay the same? If it changes how the game operates, I would assume it's a mod. Do I need TEHOmod to install this mod or non-mod?

Sorry but now I'm confused, does this 'mod' implement the benefits of Hookmod into the base game, or does the game stay the same? If it changes how the game operates, I would assume it's a mod. Do I need TEHOmod to install this mod or non-mod?
My message didn't quite make it clear, sorry.

With this mod you get the benefits of the Hookmod, the Activemap, warnings about the location of a Mangarosa nearby and you can hear the sailors singing.

I have 1.7.3 but still problems
After quest on Isla Mona the warehouse list in log book is missing? Was that fixed by some mode new version? How? Can it be fixed? (without doing notes using pencil and paper :) ) Please help mates!

Shipwrecked sailors - still sailing with those from the begining of the game

plus: any mode that repairs problems with achievement bug?

I have 1.7.3 but still problems
After quest on Isla Mona the warehouse list in log book is missing? Was that fixed by some mode new version? How? Can it be fixed? (without doing notes using pencil and paper :) ) Please help mates!

Shipwrecked sailors - still sailing with those from the begining of the game

plus: any mode that repairs problems with achievement bug?
Hi.

I didn't know about those bugs, the times I've played I haven't noticed anything like that.

Unfortunately there is no mod to fix those bugs and there are no new versions of the game on the horizon.

Thanks for the quick answer JTem!
Most anyoying is the one with the werehouses list

did you play before 1.7.3?

Anyone else with some tips?

Did 1.7.3 version of the game elimantes bug with constant drop of reputation after FTJR?
I cannot left Mirabelle on Isla Mona, no dialog options, she I runing after me and I cannot sail to world map any more, stuck on island :(

I installed the mod yesterday and finally left the first island. Now i wonder how to check if the mod is working. When im on the sea map there is no singing. I just merged all the files just as you described. I checked my Steam directory with the game and inside the Resource directory there are all the songs from your archive. Do i have to activiate the mod first somehow?

I installed the mod yesterday and finally left the first island. Now i wonder how to check if the mod is working. When im on the sea map there is no singing. I just merged all the files just as you described. I checked my Steam directory with the game and inside the Resource directory there are all the songs from your archive. Do i have to activiate the mod first somehow?
I think I only put songs when the ship was in second person at sea, you can include songs almost anywhere in the game, like when you go to the cabin and the violin and cello sonata from Master and Comander is playing.

It looks like something has not worked for me. Time on world map is passing by very quickly.
I want to reinstall the mod, but whats with my save? Will it be broken?

EDIT: Do i need Tehomod for it to work?

Last edited:
It looks like something has not worked for me. Time on world map is passing by very quickly.
I want to reinstall the mod, but whats with my save? Will it be broken?

EDIT: Do i need Tehomod for it to work?
As stated in the first post the Hookmod benefits can only be enjoyed for new games.

Hi @JTem
im just about to start my "second" playthrough and do it with the walkthrough, since it looks like I messed up some time specific main quest stuff.
Now I red that you have to use a console txt file from Hook`s Mod to end the negative reputation bug after the "Flying the Jolly Roger" Questline. (which appears to only happen in the english version)

Does your mod come with that txt file or another fix for it too, or is it maybe even fixed within the 1.7.3?

Hi @JTem
im just about to start my "second" playthrough and do it with the walkthrough, since it looks like I messed up some time specific main quest stuff.
Now I red that you have to use a console txt file from Hook`s Mod to end the negative reputation bug after the "Flying the Jolly Roger" Questline. (which appears to only happen in the english version)

Does your mod come with that txt file or another fix for it too, or is it maybe even fixed within the 1.7.3?
I think this problem was fixed in 1.7.0 and implemented in 1.7.3. At least I didn't encounter it in any of my games.

Back