• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Add option for smugglers to not sell without getting angry

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Cheers,

just found something more. It's not new, but dusturbing since ancient times in this game:
I just tried to sell some silk to smugglers at Antigua. I also had some medicaments in my cargo hold, just in case (I always have them, like food and rum). Unfortunately, the smugglers insisted on me selling the medicaments to them. There is no option between sell them - which I didn't want and fight the enraged smugglers after declining the offer. :duel:
I think it should be possible to sell and keep stuff. By the way, how the hell do they know what's in my cargo? :8q

Need to look into this more, can't promise it will be added. As far as I remember the option is actually there but you need to be a damn good fighter for them to not get pissed at you and attack you.

Code:
if( makeint(Pchar.rank) <= 3 || GetCharacterSkill(PChar,SKILL_FENCING) <= 5 || GetCharacterSkill(PChar,SKILL_LEADERSHIP) <= 5 ) // NK

if this is true there is a 1 in 2 chance of the smugglers fighting you. if this is false then they wont attack you at all if you cancel the deal.
So like I tought its not a bug its just hard to encounter, and that should stay so, if you made them drag all theire stuff theire and then dont sell them the stuff its your fault.

Altough you might want to skip a good indeed. Will look into it a bit more.....

Indeed skipping certain goods should be OK. Perhaps only make them angry if you REALLY sell them nothing?

Cheers mates,

thanks for looking into this, Levis.
Unfortunately, I'm not at home for more than a month and ompletely unable to look into the game from here. PotC won't run on my laptop here.
:rumgone

Back