• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding new goods?

Like skull said perhaps these should only be used as smuggling goods as it does seem strange that some islands have some goods that you would think would be readily available as contraband.

The same could be said for slaves as some countries probably didn't work in the slave trade.

Is there anyway to add new items to say a contraband list? I love the idea of weapons trading. With the new build smuggling has become really exciting so I would really like it if we could add more to the list.

It should be easy to add new or different contraband for a new game but I don't know how to do it for an existing game.

For a new game I think that all you have to do is edit the Islands_init.c file in the Islands_init.c folder.

As for me im waiting in Booocha's blunderbass mod to be released :cheers ,and my musket mod is in very slow progress i hope some modders would help me :):

muddymonkey: Have you looked at common.ini, to see if there's an entry for slaves? If so, you'll have to add one for muskets, as that means that goods names are XI_Convert(ed). I.e. a "`translate-me`" string, to ease in localization of POTC.

If you want to change an island's contrabands without restart, you can add lines like this to the reinit.c file:
Code:
Islands[GetIslandByID("FalaiseDeFleur")].trade.contraband.id4 = GOOD_NEW;
(note that all islands with contraband have id1, 2, and 3 already set, so new ones start at 4.)
Also, look in islands_init.c for the island IDs, to use with GetIslandByID.

Note that that's how we add tailor shops, by finding a location to edit and putting that code in reinit (well, actually, in something _called_ by reinit, but I digress).

Oooh Thx Nathan I just love smuggling in the new build. Very exciting with the coastal raiders added =). The rush you get off a successful run is better then rum....hmm maybe not but close :woot

Back