• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

American Conquest

jokash

Sailor
Just suggesting this game to anybody interested
to quote wikipedia:
American Conquest is a real-time strategy game developed by Ukrainian GSC Game World who is the developer of Cossacks: European Wars; and published by German CDV. It is set between the 15th and the early 19th centuries in the American continents. There is also an expansion pack produced for American Conquest, called American Conquest: Fight Back and a gold edition, which has both the original and expansion pack bundled together. The latest installment in the series is American Conquest: Divided Nation. All three titles are available together as the American Conquest Chronicles.

and a couple of movies showing the game

I remember this game and especially the soundtrack. Too bad the gameplay was slow (resource gathering is a pain in this game) and the units hiding in buildings very extremely unfair.
However, you could learn something about the history of the American continent and storming the Natives with Spanish halberdiers was entertaining. Too bad the arquebusiers sucked though and occupying enemy's buildings destroyed your formations.

Ah yes, this game. Looked promising when I started to play. For me the gameplay wasn't slow. But it was endless building of units and not reasonably organised. Untill you click somewhere you hear the horn sounding an attack. You are in constant urge to move to another part of the map to give orders. And if you don't produce an endless ammount of untis you are destroyed. It's non stop clicking and giving orders to stupid AI with no time to watch something beautifull happening. Plus, in a conflict, if you don't click, very nearby units won't engage, which is idiotism. I scrapped it after this. And no moddability.

Back