• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Announcement of the upcoming arrival of a new game in the Sea Dogs saga ...

JTem

Freebooter
Staff member
Storm Modder
Hello.:ahoy

This summer the guys from 'BlackMark Studio' had a big announcement pending about the TEHO game.

To my surprise, today I found this announcement about the upcoming arrival of a new game of the Sea Dogs saga.:8q

Its name is 'Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition', nothing is known about it yet, I hope the developers will give us some clue ...

:keith

Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition on Steam

P.D: I've placed it in this post because it seems to be TEHO related....

Last edited:
This is the information posted on Steam by the developers, this is getting interesting:

:keith:keith:keith

Key Features

• 10 years worth of DLCs and patches included
  • Epilogue which will sum up, in full, hundred of hours of your story and your choices
  • Over a dozen of new quests, including personal stories of your companions and love interests
  • Total rebalance: crafting, economy, RPG system, the difficulty curve
  • Flexible tuning of your gameplay experience: more detailed difficulty levels, in-game events, and other options
  • Colony building
  • New locations and scenery
  • More music, sound effects, and voice-overs
  • Revised engine and visuals
  • Companions and romance options
  • Naval warfare, both challenging and rewarding
  • Self-reliant and replayable story mode (over 200 hours of gameplay)
  • Challenging AI, crafting, trading, fighting, gambling
  • Freeplay mode, endless as an ocean
  • Hundreds of items and weapons

More information about the already official new game of the saga, these guys from BM have it clear... I can't wait to play it. :bounce:bounce:bounce

"Now, the long story.
authority

For the past two years, we’ve been busy with not only expanding our team, remastering the engine and working on the Legendary Edition, we were also looking for a way to develop a completely new Sea Dogs title. With modern gameplay and graphics, animations and cut scenes, on Unreal Engine 5. Our ambition is to take the unique multi-genre Sea Dogs experience and carefully rebuild it on the modern game development basis of the 2020s.

We believe we’ve found a way to secure all the funding and resources we need, and Legendary Edition is the first step to do so.

If we do the release and the marketing right this time, we will remind the gaming community, 3rd parties and potential investors about the Sea Dogs phenomena and its unique gameplay. We want to show the world that Sea Dogs can become another successful AAA title. If you want that too - please wishlist and follow Legendary Edition.

Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition is, in many ways, a completely new title, which amassed all that we learned for the past ten years of development. We gathered community feedback from thousands of reviews and millions of hours of gameplay. As developers, we are very proud of it. As players, we are enjoying playing it over and over again.

You probably have a lot of questions, please ask them in the comments. We will make another post in a couple of days and answer all of them there.

This FAQ might shed some light too:

Q: Release ETA?
A: End of 2021.

Q: Price?
A: Discussing it right now, but it will come significantly cheaper for owners of the original Sea Dogs.

Q: What will the Legendary Edition include in terms of content?
A: The list is above, we will be sharing more details regularly until the very release.

Q: Where is the trailer? Why are there only old screenshots on the Steam page?
А: The announcement was supposed to be revealed later in September with all the stuff - new Steam capsule, a trailer, brand new screenshots. Due to technical reasons we had to do it earlier. The Steam page will be updated next month.

Q: Will there be any other bonuses for the owners of the original Sea Dogs.
A: Absolutely, we are working on it right now.

Q: When will the big patch for Sea Dogs: TEHO leave the beta?
A: In a couple of weeks.

Q: Will the Legendary Edition require a start of the new game?
A: Yes.

Q: What about stability issues, crashes?
А: We’ve completely rework the engine, crashes and stability are now longer an issue.

Q: What about issues with translation?
А: We addressed that as well - the overall quality should be improved."

So one of the testers from Blackmark Studios confirmed this is an UNREAL ENGINE project!
That means... basically completely remake?!? To be released end this year???
Holy crap!!! :shock
Turns out this was indeed a MISUNDERSTANDING!
Some confusion slipped into the translation, it seems.

There won't be UE engine in remaster.
Original Storm will be seriously updated.

That indeed makes more sense, I reckon.

From what I gather UE5 may be used in a future project if Sea Dogs LE goes well.
Not the one currently in the making.

Hello.:ahoy

This summer the guys from 'BlackMark Studio' had a big announcement pending about the TEHO game.

To my surprise, today I found this announcement about the upcoming arrival of a new game of the Sea Dogs saga.:8q

Its name is 'Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition', nothing is known about it yet, I hope the developers will give us some clue ...

:keith

Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition on Steam

P.D: I've placed it in this post because it seems to be TEHO related....
Hopefully save game compatible with the "basic version" who`s out there already...

More information about the already official new game of the saga, these guys from BM have it clear... I can't wait to play it. :bounce:bounce:bounce

"Now, the long story.
authority

For the past two years, we’ve been busy with not only expanding our team, remastering the engine and working on the Legendary Edition, we were also looking for a way to develop a completely new Sea Dogs title. With modern gameplay and graphics, animations and cut scenes, on Unreal Engine 5. Our ambition is to take the unique multi-genre Sea Dogs experience and carefully rebuild it on the modern game development basis of the 2020s.

We believe we’ve found a way to secure all the funding and resources we need, and Legendary Edition is the first step to do so.

If we do the release and the marketing right this time, we will remind the gaming community, 3rd parties and potential investors about the Sea Dogs phenomena and its unique gameplay. We want to show the world that Sea Dogs can become another successful AAA title. If you want that too - please wishlist and follow Legendary Edition.

Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition is, in many ways, a completely new title, which amassed all that we learned for the past ten years of development. We gathered community feedback from thousands of reviews and millions of hours of gameplay. As developers, we are very proud of it. As players, we are enjoying playing it over and over again.

You probably have a lot of questions, please ask them in the comments. We will make another post in a couple of days and answer all of them there.

This FAQ might shed some light too:

Q: Release ETA?
A: End of 2021.

Q: Price?
A: Discussing it right now, but it will come significantly cheaper for owners of the original Sea Dogs.

Q: What will the Legendary Edition include in terms of content?
A: The list is above, we will be sharing more details regularly until the very release.

Q: Where is the trailer? Why are there only old screenshots on the Steam page?
А: The announcement was supposed to be revealed later in September with all the stuff - new Steam capsule, a trailer, brand new screenshots. Due to technical reasons we had to do it earlier. The Steam page will be updated next month.

Q: Will there be any other bonuses for the owners of the original Sea Dogs.
A: Absolutely, we are working on it right now.

Q: When will the big patch for Sea Dogs: TEHO leave the beta?
A: In a couple of weeks.

Q: Will the Legendary Edition require a start of the new game?
A: Yes.

Q: What about stability issues, crashes?
А: We’ve completely rework the engine, crashes and stability are now longer an issue.

Q: What about issues with translation?
А: We addressed that as well - the overall quality should be improved."
Oh...I see "require to start a new game"...too bad we gonna lose many playing hours for nothing...:ko

Hopefully save game compatible with the "basic version" who`s out there already...
Maybe yes, they already did from version 1.7.0 to 1.7.3, which used different engines. Although according to the last announcement it's a different game....

Back