• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anyway to change AI on world map?

D4rkSh4d0w

Landlubber
Ahoy my fellow pirates, I'd like to ask you if it's somehow possible to change behaviour of enemy ships on world map. I can't move from island to island without being attacked by multiple (usually big squadron) and in 99% of times they wait till I leave port. It's so stupid :modding And what about those War Galleons pirates? Sucks. A lot. Aswell.

Anyways...thanks for replies (if any ^^)

I pose you a question matey :razz

If you were a pirate ship waiting to plunder another ship of its gold and wares would YOU wait till they left the port or go in and get them while in the port and have to worry about the fort as well as the ships cannons? :?

I think the AI is set up well to do with that ;) I do think that you get attacked in open water a bit to often though

If you look at Captain Hawk's Smuggler MOD , he's changed the encounter chance and make up in the file: Program\encounters\Encounters_init.c.

You could just use his mod, or you could edit the Encounters_init.c, and change the various encounters yourself:
- rEnc.MinRank - The rank at which the encounter can happen
- rEnc.Chance - Chance of this encounter spawning near you)
- Enc_AddShips(*,*,Min Ship Num, Max Ship Num) - Used to set ship numbers
- Enc_AddClasses(*,*,*,*, Biggest possible ship class, Lowest possible Ship class) - Used to set ship classes

I think Captain Hawk lowered the max classes of the pirate encounters, and the chance of encounter for the large fleets.

Cheers,

JA

Back