• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AOP Movie Intro

Phaser

Landlubber
Hi,
When you start a new game the intro video clip is real skippy and so is the brothel video clip, i beleive i have a fix for this error...

***Get the K-Lite Codec Pack 2.77 FULL***
<a href="http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm" target="_blank">http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm</a>

Make sure you do all your configuring 1st (resolution choice,post processing,texture quality,music volume,
effects volume,dialog volume) click save.

THEN DO THIS...

In the engine.ini---> this line screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Change it to this----> screen_bpp = D39FMT_X9R9G9B9
right click on the engine.ini and click on properties and set it to read only than save.

Now the new game intro and the brothel video clips play correctly at least for me it does.

***EDIT***

You need to "delete your save folder and start a new game" for it to take effect, and it only works if FULLSCREEN is ticked not window mode.

-OR-

If ya don't want to edit the engine.ini and don't care about the video's just rename the VIDEOS folder to noVIDEOS, you will still get your "+100" for visiting the brothel ya just wont see the video clip nor will ya see the skippy intro movie when starting a new game,to re-enable the videos just re-name the folder back to VIDEOS,the choice is yours.

Do you mean the engine.ini file? If so it seems to run a little smoother but still choppy for me.

Thanks though!

There is an intro movie that supposed to start when you start a new game but apparently the porper codecs didn't come with the game. Anyone know what codec it is supposed to be using so we installed it and fix the choppiness? I have the Klite Codec pack installed as well but maybe I missed some option during install that must be installed?

Is anyone's not choppy and if so which codec options did you install to fix it. I don't normally install every option in the codec pack and some are either or.

Any ideas?

I know that for cyberops' mod, you need the latest klite encoder thing.

I haven't tried it yet - but I get no video at all, nor any sign of one when I start a new game... Interesting...

Back