• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Apparently I messed up my game file.

Leonardo F.

Landlubber
I have played "Pirates Of The Caribbean" several times on the original Xbox, so I was pretty excited to learn that there are more of this games after all this years. I bought the GOG version of "City Of Abandoned Ships" and I have been having a lot of fun with it, until I get to the part where you have to scape the city of abandoned ships in the middle of a hurricane. I grow very frustrated so I decided to cheat; I input a command on the console to teleport to the Diffindur, then I was able to reach Port Au Principe only to discover that the game controls are all messed up: W goes forward but also quick saves, tap brings up the main menu but also switches to first person view and the cursor only goes up and down, it doesn't work sideways. I tried restoring the default settings, it doesn't work and when I start a new game I don't have this problem. I don't know what to do, I barely know how to use a computer since I usually play games on console.

I hope something can be done it would be very frustrating having to start over. Thanks for your attention.

Maybe delete the options file?

It will automatically be remade, and it may fix your problems.

You're welcome! :cheers

Remember this if the game starts acting up again.

The options file gets corrupted from time to time, and it leads to problems.
When it happened to me, I couldn't load my profile.

Also welcome aboard! :pflag

Hi, sorry to bother you again but you seem to know your stuff. I'm playing the steam version of "Sea Dogs: To Each His Own" and the F2 key doesn't bring up the game interface anymore but instead it lowers the screen brightness. I tried deleting the options file since it resolved every problem i ever had in City Of Abandoned Ships but still doesn't work

Back