• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Are these two shipyard-"things" bugs?

Fluen

Freebooter
1. If I try to exchange goods with a ship on shore leave, that ships sinks, when I leave the exchange-menu.

2. If I auction a prize ship, my crew is automatically replenished. I know the shipyard autohire crew during repairs, but I just sell my prize ship and ask no other service.

1: That does seem like a bug, and not an easy one to fix!
2: Guess where the crew from that ex-prize ship have gone. ;) The ship now for sale probably isn't going to sea any time soon. On the other hand, yours is, and happens to have some crew vacancies open. If you're missing a lot of crew, they may not be fully replenished if there aren't enough unemployed crew from the sold ship. (For the same reason, if you're currently paying salary, are about to sell a prize ship and it's likely to take you past 1,000,000 gold, switch to payment by dividing plunder before you sell the prize ship. Some of your crew won't like the change in payment method and will desert. Then you get free replacements when you sell the ship.)

1. If I start a new game and the problem persists, I will let you know.

So 2. is deliberate?

Last edited:
1. If I try to exchange goods with a ship on shore leave, that ships sinks, when I leave the exchange-menu.
So I'm confused if you can even exchange goods with a ship that is currently on shore leave so I went ahead and gave it a try and I don't know how you did that. There's not even an option for me to exchange goods with my ship that is currently on shore leave. How do you exactly do that? I even tried with the regular ship transfer but that option is "greyed out" for me. It only activates when I have an actual active ship currently with me and I'm not having any problems with exchanging goods ship to ship.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Yes it is a bug

Originally if the ship in the transfer did not have a companion as captain it was assumed to be being left after abordage and sank (in transfer_main.c). When ship berthing was introduced an attribute was used (involvesberthedship) to skip the sinking , since a berthed ship does not have a companion as captain. However at the moment this is not being correctly set in kam_shiptransfer.c because yet another attribute (GameInterface.passengerslist.(attributename3).captaintype) is not being set to 1 anywhere when a ship on shore leave is added to the transfer interface list of ships. Solving that seems to allow the exchange (and labels the ship correctly in the interface).

Checking back it was originally set to be 1 in build 11 code so I don't know when (or why) the code was changed - there is no comment against the changed line to assist. There is another similar batch of code a little earlier in the file (for companions in this case with attributename1 instead of 3) which is correct with 0 and the change might have been a case of "correcting" a non-error at some time. I presume that since it is a pretty esoteric thing to do (exchange with a ship on shore leave - you have to be in the correct port too) the effect has not been previously reported.

So changing the line
GameInterface.passengerslist.(attributename3).captaintype = 0;

to GameInterface.passengerslist.(attributename3).captaintype = 1;//PW restore attribute setting for ship on shore leave

in kam_shiptransfer.c will return the code to that previous, I can't see it introducing a problem since it is not used in any other file but ......

And here is at least one "but..."

The transfer interface allows a ship swap, if you do that with the player character and a ship on shore leave the stats of the different berthed ship are reflected ok in the berthing ship details except the name and ship type are not updated in the berthing interface.- However if you re-launch the ship the correct type (and name) is read presumably from the captain character attributes and the correct (previously player character's ship) is relaunched with correct cargo etc (ie not a duplicate copy of the ship the player character took from the berthed captain).

When I get the energy I may look at how the berthing information is generated and/or stored to correct the display in berthing interface.

Back