• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Armada of the Damned Cancelled

Isher

Landlubber
I don't think this has been posted yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned Cancelled

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/pirates-of-the-caribbean/2548

Would post in news section but I assume I'm too lowbie to. Move this thread or copy and paste or whatever you want.

ROTFLMAO I posted about this quite some time ago

but Disney has finally proven me to be correct

Disney Interactive Studios completed a restructuring of Propaganda Games

The Company name doomed it to failure

:dance

The project was all smoke and mirrors

all Propaganda :slap

Disney really doesn't seem to like Pirates these days. First they cut PotC4 budget from 300 to 200 million and now they cancel this.

I don't think it's the brightest move to be honest as this game was generating way more buzz then any other PotC game so far (it honestly seemed to be the best PotC game yet).
Personally I think it would have sold well.

Well, nothing we can do really. Hopefully they will rethink and give it to another developer to continue.

Wow, as much as I didn't think it was going to be much it sad to see any pirate game get cancelled

Hopefully they will rethink and give it to another developer to continue.
After Propaganda

where could they go

Vaporware Incorporated?
You could be right and the game was canceled because it was a bad game. But I doubt it was Vaporware.
Propaganda released the mediocre Turok, will soon release Tron and sucessfully demoed Armada of the Damned (most people liked the demos).

Personally I thing, they game would have turned out decent. It wouldn't have been as good as God of War or Fable, but would have scored around 6 to 7 out of 10 I think.
I think the cancelation of Disney has nothing to do with the quality. Disney is only interested into big bucks only (remember how they complained about PotC1 to 3 being too expensive even though they got at least 4 times their money back). They saw that Armada of the Damned wouldn't sell as for their (over the top) estimations and therefore canned it.
The only reason they didn't do that to Tron is that it's almost finished now anyway.

I think finishing the game isn't the problem here. Even Propaganda would have done that well enough. It's the Publisher that doesn't want it anymore.
So don't make Disney look better then they really are. :p3

I still dread the fact that Disney owns Marvel now. Wherever Disney is involved it means more bad news then good news.

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1287240518' post='381134']
They cut budget for PotC 4!?! :shock
[/quote]

Yep. They also don't film in in the Caribbean like they did with 1 to 3.
They are filming it in Hawaii because it's cheaper.

Probably they took all the rum from the set too! :rumgone

Cutting the budget sounds pretty lame. But then a lot of the best movies were made on a tight budget becauses it requires the filmmakers to be creative.
I got the impression that PotC 3 was not made on a tight budget and that one didn't turn out that great, especially when compared to the first.
For the first they didn't know if it'd be a success at all, so didn't have a huge budget, but it worked wonders nonetheless.

On the other hand, not shooting in the Caribbean is REALLY lame. The Caribbean ROCKS!

Thanks Isher, nice find mate! :onya

To be honest, I am a bit surprised this got canceled, but from what I had seen of it ...not really all that disappointed!

Too bad. Was really looking forward to it's nice Gow and Fable animations. Guess I'll have to wait for a better pirate game. Oor maybe a mod like Pirates&Fishmod for Warband :keith

Someone could make storyline for the build mod based on it. All we need is someone willing to fo so (someone other than me.)

Back