• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

arrr me curses this storm to the depths of hell me does!!

alexandaaarrrrr

Landlubber
So i managed to capture my first corvette today, which i was pretty happy about as i was saving up for one anyways. But of course, as soon as i pulled into a port ,a large black cloud materializes over me and i enter storm mode; and to make matters worse there are four pirates there waiting for me. Luckily the fort sunk two of them, but there were two outo f its range that were free to pummel me with chunks of iron...i was already damaged from the battle i was just in, so it didn't take long for the combination of storm and pirates to sink me and negate my hour of battlin' for the Corvette! blah! So, i'm just wondering, what do you do in such a situatoin? As far as i can see, all i COULD do was sit there and fire at the pirates again and again, whilst heaving to the drift...this obviously wasn't very effective, heh...

so, yeah I'm just wondering if there's anything i could/should have done to get myself out of that situation?

Also, for the sake of not spamming the forum with newbie question posts, i'll put another question in this one: whats' with teh ship AI in this game? I mean, in every battle i've been in the enemy will fire one round for every 6 or 7 that i fire... can make battles boringly easy.. for example, in the battle to get that Corvette i just spoke of, it was me with one schooner vs a french corvette, pinace and xebec, andi really didn't have much trouble winning that one... xD:

The difficulty is on the second from the top, so...i dunno..?

what types of cannons has ya ship got ? what is your cannon and aiming skill....... ya will raise damage if all ya cannon ability is plottet

if ya difficulty is appentice or so they get a little harder to battle/fight
but ya get more exp of it.....

when change of difficulty, ya realy need strategi to beat the game at sea .......

I stay in the e´nemies dead angle, and a corvette IS fast and agile to do it. (I prefere Corvette too)
:cheers

I think the rate of fire from both enemies and your own fleet depends upon whether you (or they) have a full crew, too. Less crew, less firing.

That storm/battle thing has happened to me, maaaan, I hated that, trying to battle in the midst of a twister. SHEESH, talk about difficult! The only thing that was good is that the enemy was getting tossed around just as badly. It was hard to get off any decent shots with the ocean rolling like that.

When you get in a storm you HAVE to furl your sails... It just can't work any other way. Even if you are in a battle, the storm will take away your sails and then you are REALLY sunk... Furl your sails, keep turning to fire, do the best you can, and wait out the storm...

Eventually the storm will break and you should be able to go to the Sea (overhead) view...

Aye, not much yew can do as Catalina says,been caught de same way,
if ye ye have planks an sails in yer cargo an 'ave quick repair abilities,yew should be able tew save yer damaged ship :cheers

harhar if yew can keep the spyglass STABLE! lol its pretty hard, but wit a bit o rum and some cookies yew can make it! hehe :cheers

yup. and i got some rum and a bag of me special cookies right here. ready for some serious piratin. :cheers

Back