• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Aruba Tailor Shop Errors

Johivas

Powder Monkey
If you disable incomplete quests in the installation and then talk to (approach, not talk) someone who was offering an incomplete quest, then you can't talk to anybody no more unless you switch area (like entering a tavern and getting out, then everybody will talk allright).

You mean the "Unfinished Storylines" (="Storyline(s) that are not completed and do not have an ending.") from the Installer EXE?
If so, then you cannot talk to characters who offer those quests because they don't exist.
That option refers purely to the "Devlin Opera" storyline which is no longer included in the default installation.
So the only difference is that without that option enabled, the Devlin Opera storyline won't be there at all.

In other words: I do not understand what you mean. Please provide more details.

You mean the "Unfinished Storylines" (="Storyline(s) that are not completed and do not have an ending.") from the Installer EXE?
If so, then you cannot talk to characters who offer those quests because they don't exist.
That option refers purely to the "Devlin Opera" storyline which is no longer included in the default installation.
So the only difference is that without that option enabled, the Devlin Opera storyline won't be there at all.

In other words: I do not understand what you mean. Please provide more details.
Sorry, I made a mistake thinking the option was the problem, but i met 2 guys who disabled all speech when I approached them, one was a green guy, I think in captured Speighstown, the other was on an old man in front of a camp on a beach, in Bonnaire or Curacao, not sure.

I'm afraid we need more specifics. Character names, screenshots, savegames, .log files from your main game folder, stuff like that.

please make screenshots or give theire names so we can fix it

I can't know their name, i'll see what I can do next time I encounter the situation.

For now i found a very good bug and I won't talk about it, even if you make me walk the plank...it give 1000 xp and 2 reputation, at repetition. Well, if you insist I may tell you.

For now i found a very good bug and I won't talk about it, even if you make me walk the plank...it give 1000 xp and 2 reputation, at repetition. Well, if you insist I may tell you.
If you want cheats, please just use the cheatmode. That is what it's for. ;)

We have a Bug Tracker entry for "Sudden Huge Amount of XP Gained":
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/sudden-huge-amounts-of-xp-gained.24829/

So far we haven't yet figured out a consistent way to trigger that, nor how to fix it.
If there are any details you can provide, please post them there. :doff

Ah! Please post the .log files from your main game folder.
Also need to know the exact game version as displayed in your game main menu.
I had the exact same problem at Tortuga but fixed that one already.

Those quests should appear randomly and usually be announced in the Tavern News.
Quite a few fixes have been made to these Fetch Quests over the past few days.
So if it happened with the version from a few days back, chances are that it does work correctly now.

Back