• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Assassin's story - The Apprenticeship - rescuing Pelagius Lizarraga

Lukovsky_

Powder Monkey
Hello there!

Just wanted to share something that MIGHT be a minor bug or more like my insight on the problem I encountered. I'm using the latest version of Build 14 Beta 3.3.

It's nothing game breaking. It's just that I'm always slow at doing any quests either in POTC or AOP, preferring to level up my character first.

You have 2 months to do this quest, and as I later found out, my deadline was until 27th of January 1666. So I spent some time killing people and ended up in the Speightstown port with Pelagius on 22nd. I came to Havana pretty late as you can image, I've heard the sound of Quest log updating in the meantime but no information appeared. When I got to Havana I was automatically teleported to the governor's residence and killed - game over.

So I got back to my earliest save game from 10th of January (all the killing went down the drain) and had to try several times to make it on time to Havana. I guess this minor bug is here - one time I managed to get there on 27th at night, and while I was searching for the tavern, the Quest log updated but nothing happened, only Chicho Cois disappeared. I talked to the governor the next morning and everything was fine, but couldn't talk to Chicho about the new quest as he was not there anymore (not even in my Passangers list). So in the end I couldn't continue the quest anyway.

I guess it would be nice to be able to do something in case of that kind of failure, not having game over just like that. Is it possible to somehow make the entries in the quest log to appear with a date next to it? I managed to get there in time after several tries, though it was a bit frustrating.

BTW. I was shocked that this MOD is still being worked on.. I remember playing AOP2 mod a few years back and I think it is under development as well, although it's a different mod now.
Just WOW. Keep on rollin' guys! It's AMAZING!

It sounds as though the deadline expired while you were walking around Havana. If the game only checks the deadline when you enter Havana, it won't recognise this. Though, apparently, whatever code handles Chico Cois did recognise that the deadline had expired...

But it's not unreasonable for the game to end if you failed the deadline. Remember, you were caught smuggling, sentenced to death, then the Vice Admiral offered you the chance to work for him in exchange for sparing your life. You're still on probation and if you give him the slightest cause to doubt you, you spend the rest of your life hanging around in Havana. :ko You've been given a very fast ship so it should not be impossible to meet the deadline. Besides, if you get into the habit of wasting time, another later mission which has no apparent deadline but which is time critical anyway will also fail. Be patient - there will be other missions which aren't so time dependent, as well as a couple of occasions when the Vice Admiral has no specific work for a while so you're free to go off and do what you like.

Back